“Best ever...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,489 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Scotland
“Best ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We've eaten in a few michelin places, in various cities over the years, and our experience at Daniel was definitely the best. Beautiful food, lovely room, excellent service all combined to make this 20th anniversary meal an exceptional experience.

2 Thank adamscb

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Excellent service, food was just okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Let me preface that I like places that are a bit more laid-back so maybe this just wasn't my type of restaurant.

Positive: The service was very, very good. Probably some of the best I've ever experienced. Waitstaff is very attentive and knowledgable. The decor is beautiful. The bar is exquisite and the dining area itself is quite elegant.

Less-than-positive: The food was pretty good but not great. I had the fois gras appetizer which was tasty. I had the rainbow trout as an entree and while the plating was very beautiful, there was something missing from the flavor. I couldn't pinpoint what it was. I asked my husband to try a bite and he remarked that it tasted "grassy." It kind of killed the experience for me. The dessert was well-prepared but not great tasting.

In short, I think it's good to dine here once in your life, but I don't really know what the fuss is about.

1 Thank Elemenopi
Istanbul, Turkey
“real disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

we were there 6 party, their service was terrible the waiter pour down the wine just while we were sitting, then he put a napkin on it even withour apologizing, raviyoli was full of salt, avacado soup was average, all of us could not eat main dishes namely sword fish, seabass and halibut, they were terribly cooked and we left the restaurant at 21:30 and nobody asked why? never again!!

Visited August 2013
12 Thank Siyami K
Toronto
“Fabulous Service and Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner before the theater. The staff was great and made sure we were able to get to our show on time. The atmosphere is wonderful, the architecture of the room is beautiful and I can not rave about the staff more. The staff were very attentive, we had mentioned in passing that it was our anniversary and they put together a special dessert try that said happy anniversary. I would definitely recommend going. The only reason I did not give it five stars was because my husband and I did not like the crab appetizer and my husband was disappointed in his main meal.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lii7
Houston, Texas
“TX2NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food is meticulously prepared, great presentation and definitely rates as one of our best dining experiences.

Visited August 2013