“TX2NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Houston, Texas
“TX2NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food is meticulously prepared, great presentation and definitely rates as one of our best dining experiences.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stunning restaurant and stunning food. Its not cheap but compared to other 3 michelin starred restaurants its good value. The service is fantastic, we even got a complimentary dersert that said congratulations on it as it was the last night of our honeymoon. My husbang actually had a tear in his eye when he tasted the waggu beef. He said its the best steak he has ever had and hes had quite a few!!

• Visited August 2013
NYC
“beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It is definitely one of the best restaurants I'd ever been. Both meal and service were well beyond the best expectations.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
2,831 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,827 helpful votes
“A very special restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I will never forget the generosity of Daniel. First met him many years ago when he was younger (as we all were) and it was so obvious that he was a chef of immense talent and creativity.
On a later trip I wrote and said my wife and I were having a special anniversary and we had friends from Australia with us who were similarly celebrating a major anniversary.
Daniel prepared a special degustation meal that showed his exceptional talent supported by a very professional team and it was a night that is etched in our memories forever.
We constantly talk about it and I think New York is fortunate to have a chef of such extraordinary talent.

1 Thank RonWamberal
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good but not Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Le Bernardin has set a new standard of food quality and service. I was somehow expecting the same if not even more from Daniel.

I have asked to be given a cozy table with a great view, and I did this quite well in advance. Instead we have been sitted just in the middle of the restaurant, which felt a bit like I would be on stage.

Then also the waiter would bring the wine without knowing from which ptovince of Italy it is coming. A bit strange taking into account Daniel's reputation.

However all in all it was good. Still there are many other places to discover in NYC.

• Visited July 2013