“flawless , a wonderful experience”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My third time at Daniel, this time with friends.
From the minute we walked in, we experienced exquisite attention, making us feel like we were special...
A drink at the bar, then to our table where we were pampered by the waiting staff. The food is absolutely the best, sophisticated and simple. The wine list is incredible, with the best wines in the world from the most renowned winemakers.
A flawless experience overall.
Service is outstanding, classicism yet warm and caring.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This our favourite restaurant in New York and last night maintained this accolade.

The waiting staff could not be more charming, attentive and professional; I love the way they synchronise the serving of each course with such elegance. The sommelier was helpful and knowledgeable and did not try to push the more expensive wines on the comprehensive wine list.

We were seated at our favourite table by maitre d' John Winterman who also gave us a tour of the kitchen which was like a beehive compared to the understated elegance of the dining area.

We had cold corn soup with lobster, and clay baked wild salmon.....delicious! One hardly needs dessert with all the side offerings of petits fours and chocolate.

Do put Daniel on your to do list.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I think Daniel is the best restaurant I've ever been in my life.
I confess I was “wary” as I saw the need for formal clothes, at least jacket, as a tourist, I had to buy it for this occasion.
I had a problem of traffic and delayed 15 minutes and still was graciously received by the Hostess who directed me to the bar to wait. Waiters, almost all French and elegantly dresses are simply fantastic and at the bar I could enjoy the best Cosmopolitan I've ever seen.
Over dinner, there are no words to describe the food, the ambience, the service, all a dream, perfect and with no "buts".

1  Thank ElcioBR
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed the tasting menu and the service was outstanding. My husband was not as impressed with the wine pairing as he was with the last time we dined at Daniel's. However the staff noticed that right away and did offer other options. Dessert was very tasty that I could still finish that after all the previous courses.

The dining area was elegant and calming, the staff attentive to our very need, we just felt very pampered.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the royal service to the unbelievably delicious and stunning food, Daniel remains one of the best restaurants in New York City. We were seated towards the back, on the second level where guests are treated to a lovely vista of the entire restaurant. If food, service and décor are important, Daniel highly exceeds in all three areas. One cannot fail to notice how remarkable both the service and food are; you feel like you're on the A-list even if simply reside in the neighborhood. Just when you've completed a course and sit patiently trying to hide the enormous smile, yet another tasty dish is delicately placed at your fingertips.
You leave Daniel looking for any excuse to return for another extraordinary special evening.
I enthusiastically recommend Daniel for that super special night.