“Top notch splurge”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Came for a couple of birthday dinners - mostly well-heeled couples from what I've seen. First class service, very polished, excellent food, beautiful space. One of Manhattan's fanciest restaurants.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Celebrated my wife's birthday here again + We were both as impressed as ever. The service is impeccable as are the menus +wine lists.
It has the best ambiance of any rest. in Manhattan.
Worthy of Michelin 3 stars

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great restaurant, wonderful food, beautiful ambiance. Excellent service, and a wonderful bar with very creative cocktails. A great experience and good prices.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here with my girlfriends, girls night out... holler and absolutely loved this place! The decor is totally cute and romantic. The wait staff is unbelievably accommodating and polite, top notch service for a top notch place! The chef designed and cooked our meals to perfection. I never knew anyone could make so many things out of parsnip!...the puree was mouth watering. The frog legs fricassee was super crisp and yummy, who knew frogs could taste like fish! The black sea bass with syrah sauce was real smooth and melted in my mouth. The one thing i also loved about this place were the random surprise dishes we would get (it's not part of the menu and comes with the meal). We all know girls love surprises! It is a pre-fixed meal, it is a little more expensive than your average restaurant but I guarantee this place will not disappoint! totally worth the splurge! Bon appetite mes amies!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My fiancee took me to Daniel for my birthday and I was amazed at the service, the decor, and the wonderful food. Definitely some of the best French food in NYC (it kept reminding me of our six weeks we spent in Paris and I kept using French with our Latin American waiter).