“Words don't describe...”
Review of Daniel

Daniel
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: 68th Street stop, #6 Train.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Word's don't describe the pleasure your tastebuds will experience at this AMAZING restaurant. By far one of the best restaurants I have been to. (And i have been to a lot of good ones). I would highly recommend the salmon appetizer and the beef as a main course. We asked our waiter for recommendations and he did not steer us wrong. I would highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,806)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It doesn't get better than this. All of the servers were so attentive and pleasant and helpful. They buzzed around like a well-oiled machine, appearing and disappearing with things and taking things away without you even realizing it. No question was too trivial.

The food was everything I hoped it would be and then so much more. The presentation, combination of flavours and ingredients were very unique. The amuses were cute and creative, and the desserts were warming and refreshing and comforting. Nothing was rushed, it felt like we could have stayed all night (we didn't!).

Chef Boulud was there, mingling and greeting the guests, which was nice to see. And something else that I loved - the restroom had a faint smell of bleach. In a city that is full of sketchy facilities, I really appreciated that it seemed like they were paying attention to making sure that every part of the guests' experiences were pleasant.

It was a pricey dinner which makes it a bit prohibitive to re-visit consistently, but if you are looking for the one memorable dining experience that you won't ever forget (yes, it was that good), then save your pennies, do it right, and worry about paying your visa bill later on after you get back to the grind of your regular life. For a few hours, this is the perfect place to escape and treat yourself. Restaurants like this are what life is all about.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everything at this restaurant is amazing. In fact to call it a restaurant is an understatement..It is a true experience. We went for our 3rd anniversary and had the chef's tasting and white truffle course. Wow. We did not stop eating and drinking for over 4 hours. The service was impeccable . We had multiple servers for every course. They were all friendly and enjoyed talking about the food and wine. They gave my wife and I different items for almost every course and we really enjoyed comparing and contrasting the different preparations. The white jade abalone with cauliflower was extravagant. The white truffles left us speachless and I was not ashamed to wipe the plate with my bread. 2 of the main courses (Elysian fields lamb saddle and white tuna cooked in whiskey) were served table side in beautiful preparations. I'll leave some of the details out so I don't ruin it for you, but I know they change the menu regularly. Fully lives up to the 3 Michelin stars. We tried to compare it to the tasting at Le Bernardin but they are just too different, but both amazing. If you love food this should be at the top of your list.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a later dinner at Daniel's on Nov.3 right after the storm. We had planned to eat elsewhere, but with the problems with transportation in the city, we changed our plans to eat closer to where we were staying. We were happy we did. Everything from the food, the presentation, the service and the wine list was beyond expectations. I would highly recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was hesitant that Daniel would not live up to the 3 star Michelin hype. Was I wrong! Perfection on every level. Food, service and ambiance were superb. Order the 3 course tasting menu. We had a bottle of the house champagne since we were celebrating our anniversary. It was well worth the $85 price.
Pricey but worthy of a special occasion celebration. Will be thrilled to return.