“Great Food. Great Drinks. Great Service!”
Review of Victor's Cafe

Victor's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd St. between Broadway & 8th Ave
Transit: Stops E train to 7 Ave, #1 train to 50th Street, N R Q to 49th Street
Description: Since 1963, Victor’s Cafe, a family-run New York City landmark, continues to be a culinary voyage to Cuba offering an incomparable experience with its harmony of authentic cuisine, hospitality and stylish environment. Victor’s has the unique distinction of being both luxurious and casual, serene and high energy, family oriented and romantic, exotic yet familiar. The cuisine at Victor’s includes the most delicious, authentic dishes combined with the restaurant’s exclusive creations that represent the evolution of Cuban cuisine. Signature dishes include Victor’s famous black bean soup, shredded beef (“Ropa Vieja”), and roast suckling pig (“Lechon”). The restaurant itself is divided into three spacious dining rooms, accented with warm lighting, colorful Cuban art, tropical ceiling fans, and lofty sky-lit ceilings. The restaurant's Cuba Lounge is intimate and warm, featuring a tapas menu and a variety of traditional Cuban cocktails such as Mojitos and Sangria.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Food. Great Drinks. Great Service!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent cuban food. Fabulous mojitos and sangrias. I'm not crazy about sangria but I loved Victor's. (Tried 2 different kinds-loved them both.) Spouse had Taste of Cuba that included variety of classic cuban dishes. I had Arroz con Picadillo Cua Cua. Both were delicious. Nice atmosphere. Prices reasonable. Small & cozy but by no means uncomfortable. Small bar area with live music playing while we were there. Added to ambiance but we were still able to talk without raising our voices. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“great cuisine”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

cuban food. great ambience. great service. the food eas very good. i tried plaintains for the first time. the sangria was so very good. the decor was so cool

Visited March 2013
Tn
“Great food, but very noisy.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Victor's Café. As usual the food was fantastic. I ordered the Grilled Black Angus skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. The others had the Ropa Vieja. While I enjoyed the steak, I may order the Ropa Vieja next time. It was very very good. I also had a Passion Mojito which was excellent. I have never had a mojito that I really enjoyed. This one was different and I would order it again.
2 things made our visit less than perfect. 1.While someone was always filling our water glasses, our waiter was difficult to find. I would often see him talking to another employee while we waited for him to come by so that we could order another drink or to get the check. In past visits , while the staff didn't hover they were very attentive. 2. The music was very loud. When I have to scream so that the person across from me can hear me, the music then interferes with the enjoyment of my meal. Again this has not been an issue in the past, so hopefully these things were a fluke and not representative of the establishment.

• Visited March 2013
Miami Springs, Florida
“No ' Masitas de Puerco' in the menu”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

It is a nice eatery but I thought was going to be better.
I have never had a 'Arroz con Pollo' with esparagus and olives and they dont have 'masas de puerco' in the menu.
Service was good, we ordered something and they brought it twice but it was OK.

Santiago, Chile
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice athmosphere, expensive food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at the restaurant. The food was not more than fine. The athmosphere was great but it has to do who are your companions. Bottom line, I will not go back neither reccomend the place due to its avarage food quality and expensive prices.