“Nice find in Midtown West/TD”
Review of Victor's Cafe

Victor's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd St. between Broadway & 8th Ave
Transit: Stops E train to 7 Ave, #1 train to 50th Street, N R Q to 49th Street
Description: Since 1963, Victor’s Cafe, a family-run New York City landmark, continues to be a culinary voyage to Cuba offering an incomparable experience with its harmony of authentic cuisine, hospitality and stylish environment. Victor’s has the unique distinction of being both luxurious and casual, serene and high energy, family oriented and romantic, exotic yet familiar. The cuisine at Victor’s includes the most delicious, authentic dishes combined with the restaurant’s exclusive creations that represent the evolution of Cuban cuisine. Signature dishes include Victor’s famous black bean soup, shredded beef (“Ropa Vieja”), and roast suckling pig (“Lechon”). The restaurant itself is divided into three spacious dining rooms, accented with warm lighting, colorful Cuban art, tropical ceiling fans, and lofty sky-lit ceilings. The restaurant's Cuba Lounge is intimate and warm, featuring a tapas menu and a variety of traditional Cuban cocktails such as Mojitos and Sangria.
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Nice find in Midtown West/TD”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Superb service! The food and drinks were also good too. They have a diet cocktail menu with Voli vodka! The sangria (red) was good. I really liked their salsa (& plantains). Fun music and atmosphere. My husband and I went business casual but I saw a mix of both dressier and less dressy people. They have price fixed menus for the theater crowd (it's right across from Jersey Boys).

• Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went to resturant 3/18/13 I love cuban food eat it regularly this has to go down as the worst I've had very expensive portion is ridiculously small I had sea bass it was tasteless my wife had churasco was very dry wasnt worth the price for Cuban food in midtown best bet is guantanamera or Havana central desert was below average victor cafe doesn't do justice to Cuban style food my bill for food I dislike was 225 way over priced Havana central another decent choice

1 Thank Geeman3
Hatboro, PA
“WOW”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent cuban cuisine. I had Salmon Carnival, my husband had Ropa Vieja (the house specialty, shredded skirt steak), and both were fabulous. This is definitely a place we would return to.

Visited March 2013
Avon, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cuban experience with taste.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was at Victor's 3/16/13 for dinner at 7:00 P.M. before going to a show at the Blue note jazz club. The service in the restaurant is impeccable. We arrived early and since it was Saturday night the place was full. I asked if I could wait in the bar area and the hostess immediately gave us a reserved table in front of a music ensemble that plays between 6:30 and 11:30 P.M on the weekends what a way to start off the evening, my wife and my daughter who had never been to a Spanish restaurant was extremely impress Promptly at 7:00, our table was ready. The food was delicious, I had Ropa Vieja (shaved Pork) My daughter had Paella and my wife had a Snapper. Every single meal was cooked to perfection. The Wait staff were attentive during our meal without pestering us. Their wine recommendations were spot on. This restaurant gives you a flavor of Cuba with the sophistication of first class service.

• Visited March 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Most memorable meal in NYC”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Make reservations and come hungry! Victor's is a wonderful Cuban cafe with extremely fresh and delicious choices. We started with an appetizer combo platter- yucca sticks, yucca chips, empanada, plantains, shrimp, potato ball, ham crochette- this is enough for a meal for 2. We also ordered salmon carnival- fresh, light, delicious, with sweet plantains and paella, full of seafood deliciousness- shrimp, lobster, fish, mussels, exceptional delightful food. This meal was complimented with awesome sangria and mojitos. Convenient theater district location, perfect for before the show. Service was great, only issue we had is the noise level- it's hard to hear others even at the same table. Food is to die for!

Visited March 2013