“A Delightful Touch of Cuba”
Review of Victor's Cafe

Victor's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd St. between Broadway & 8th Ave
Transit: Stops E train to 7 Ave, #1 train to 50th Street, N R Q to 49th Street
Description: Since 1963, Victor’s Cafe, a family-run New York City landmark, continues to be a culinary voyage to Cuba offering an incomparable experience with its harmony of authentic cuisine, hospitality and stylish environment. Victor’s has the unique distinction of being both luxurious and casual, serene and high energy, family oriented and romantic, exotic yet familiar. The cuisine at Victor’s includes the most delicious, authentic dishes combined with the restaurant’s exclusive creations that represent the evolution of Cuban cuisine. Signature dishes include Victor’s famous black bean soup, shredded beef (“Ropa Vieja”), and roast suckling pig (“Lechon”). The restaurant itself is divided into three spacious dining rooms, accented with warm lighting, colorful Cuban art, tropical ceiling fans, and lofty sky-lit ceilings. The restaurant's Cuba Lounge is intimate and warm, featuring a tapas menu and a variety of traditional Cuban cocktails such as Mojitos and Sangria.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

While planning an evening with friends at New York City Center, we researched restaurants nearby. What a good choice Victor's Cafe was. From the smiling, delightful hostess to our handsome, charming waiters, the evening began on a charming note.

We were seated in a pergola type room, reminiscent of a porch setting which could have been transported to/or from Cuba. Beginning with a Dragonberry Mohito (others had wine and more typical mohitos) we selected our dinners from the Restaurant Week $39.00 menu. I enjoyed a delicious salad (and snuck one of my friend's ham sausages), suckled pig with black beans and rice and cooked yucca (which I never have had before and will most certainly have again).............of course, I nibbled a bit of my husband's beef which was served in a basket made of plantains..........delicious! Dessert was my all time favorite: flan. Others had the bread pudding which they said was quite good.

Would I venture out of my way to return to this restaurant.............you bet.

Cuban musical group playing in the bar and could be heard in the restaurant. Not intrusive but sounded great.

Excellent.............cocktails pricey but, after all, this is NYC!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had just returned from Cuba last week and I was surprising my wife with a weekend in new york. Stayed at the London Hotel and had dinner at Daniels. I looked online and found victors cafe only a few blocks from our hotel and the theatre. It was great. The service was friendly, there was a three piece combo playing, and it was a pretty restaurant. Being in the theatre district one is sometimes hesitant to go and to expect a good meal. But we enjoyed victors cafe's food and will be back.

1  Thank LarryConnecticut_USA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Excellent restaurant opposite theater with Jersey Boys.Great service and food. Will go back again soon.

1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came here for lunch before departing NYC and we were not disappointed. The food here is amazing and very authentic Cuban food. I never had the best sandwhich until eating here at victor's. I would definately recommend anything off the menu it is that delicious!! Will definately come back here when we return this summer!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

In the lounge same food more fun. Tapas fresh and tasty. As a Canadian allowed to visit Havana can vouch for the authenticity of the food and flavors. Good location for pretheatre dinner. No need to opt for main room. Service friendly and expert. Recommended!