Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The setting of the place is nice. The staff is alright, though pretty strict regarding breakfast and brunch, which we were just 15 minutes apart. The food is of reasonable quality though slightly more expensive.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2,830)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you're looking for a traditional diner menu forget it! They don't have American cheese and they dont cook omelet. I got disappointed for having to pay 8 dolars for this cranberry juice that I didnt ask for and didnt drink . My food was ok . The destak that I give here is to the attendant RICK. Ky tip for him would be much higher If I didnt have to pay the 8 dolars for the juice that I didnt ask or drank it's just because is part of the meal but they could be more flexible and dont charge that for who doesn't like. He should be in a higher position taking care of the costumes helping the hostess. He has a very good costume relation service profile. Congrats Rick for being such a good professional

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow it was perfect was there on Christmas Day. it was great the food was awesome and nice atmosphere can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just came back from a quick dinner at the Diner. Didn't want to give it 3 stars but it fell just sort of 4. But ... it is a diner... and that is why we went... so I knew it wasn't fine dining. Therefore, not my sure this is a fair rating. We thought the location was convenient, was warmly greeted by a friendly gentlemen named Guy. Our server was nice, and efficient. We all enjoyed our meals. The chicken pot pie was esp delish and huge! While I enjoyed the pastrami sandwich I personally prefer corned beef. Someone in our party had a fantastic salad. It's Manhattan.. and you pay Manhattan prices but we liked it. Thanks Guy for making us feel at home.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

The choice for breakfast was poor. NYC is full of tourists, of course it is, and this Diner does not not offer an extensive menu and what it does offer is nothing special. Breakfast price is pretty much fixed at $25 each. With tax and a mandatory tip breakfast cost two of us $70. That is expensive by any measure and it simply wasn’t worth it. Service was average, food was average to poor. No, if you want breakfast there is an endless choice and you won’t feel ripped off either. My advice? Walk past!

1  Thank Fearless828236