“good food, pleasant service”
Review of Brooklyn Diner

Brooklyn Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooklyn Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ate here for breakfast and the french toast was excellent. The food is a little pricey, but it was excellent. The french toast is plenty to split between two people. The waiter was very nice, but the service could have been a little quicker, and they never refilled my coffee, but otherwise it was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I’m going against the grain here and I’m certain that most New Yorkers would agree that this place is mostly a tourist trap, after being to NY dozens of times and knowing better I was still determined to try the place for breakfast since its steps away from where we stay. I was not impressed with the food, average at best; the service was extremely slow considering there were only 4 or 5 tables taken. The prices are high so be prepared to pay the piper. They say the one at 57th is better but I'm not willing to try them again, too many great restaurants in NY to waste time with places like this.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was the first time I've been to this restaurant and I really enjoyed my time there. It was raining the evening we walked over there. The host took our umbrellas and placed each of them in a plastic bag so that we would not drip any water on the floor or ourselves.

I had the 15 bit hotdog with the complimentary champagne. I was a good meal; very fulfilling. Everything tasted fresh and not overcooked. The prices were about what you would expect for a nice place in NYC.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We love this place (57th st branch is better than the one on Times Sq)
It's so kitsch its great. We go whenever we are on town (that's around twice a year)
We love the 15 bite hotdog, the meatloaf and the Mac n cheese
Portions are generous, so we've never had room for dessert.
It's not the cheapest diner in town, but we think its pretty darn good

Reviewed September 21, 2013

perhaps I ordered the wrong thing when I had the meatloaf but it was okay but not quite worth the price ....next time I think I will order the 15 bite hot dog which some one was having at a n adjoining table.... the dessert was good but quite pricey