“Open!! Hooray!!!”

Sarge's Deli & Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Sarge's Delicatessen Restaurant is one of New York's most favorite Quintessential Jewish Style delicatessen restaurants open seven days a week all year round. Celebrating our 52nd year, our reputation has been built on serving great homemade food, generous portions and a relaxing atmosphere. We are the true New York deli experience, the number one place for so many old world specialties. To many to mention, like our in-house cured corned beef and pastrami, homemade matzoh ball soup, cheese cakes etc. We have over 200 items on our vast menu, suitable for any type of palate. Choose from Steaks, Chops or Broiled Salmon to fabulous Salad's, Sandwiches and Burgers. We have food for the entire family. Not to mention Top shelf Liquor, some of the best deserts in New York, coffee and cappuccinos !!!! . Serving every kind of customer, Sarge's always hits the spot. With a rich history preserved in its old world decor- classic diner booths, real Tiffany's stained glass lamps, and of course the iconic wall of celebrity photos, Sarge's is the destination for the real-deal New York meal!!! Many of our guests have told us we are " New York's Best Kept Secret"
Jericho, New York
“Open!! Hooray!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had dinner last night at Sarges. So happy that they are open again. I had there famous pastrami sandwich and it was awesome. The service was great and I'm glad to see this neighborhood staple is back and looking better then ever.

• Visited March 2014

Sarasota, Florida
“Sarge's will be re-opening September 2013”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Due to a fire last year Sarge's - our terrific neighborhood deli/restaurant - has sadly been closed. I miss their herring in cream sauce which I would stop in for (so much better than the Second Ave Deli) on my way home. However work has now started to repair and renew and I heard from a friend that they should be ready to open this coming September 2013. Yay! My fingers are crossed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bblonde52
Maricopa, Arizona
“No More Reviews Form Me!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to send this correction. I will send it along to our content editors, who will make the appropriate changes to our website.

Best regards,

TripAdvisor Support Team

[126]

------original review-------

Subject: Sarge's Deli & Restaurant
Location: New York City, New York, United States, North America
Title: Interesting Reviews On Sarge's
ID#: 160278563

This might be my last Tripadvisor review. WHY? TA has allowed a false review to remain listed for Sarge's-jackknife wrote on March 14, 2013 his/her review for a long closed Sarge's. I have contact TA three times about this and now figure many of the reviews "could" be false.

During the last week in April 2013, I was in NYC. Walking past Sarge's burnt out store front, I took additional photos of the fire closed Sarge's. As I stated in my November 28, 2012 review, it had a major fire and is closed. Before the fire, the NYC Board of Health closed it down for many violations--as reported in my September 26, 2012 review. Will it reopen-after six months with no repairs started, it most likely will remain as is.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank PropellerJourney
Toledo, Ohio
“Overpriced for what you get”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

SMALL portions. However, great pickles and AMAZING mustard. We took a huge takeaway container of mustard home. Maybe the best mustard ever?

While the food was meh, the mustard, oh man the mustard.

Visited February 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
“Fire Destroys Sarge's Deli”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

They reopended after being closed by the NYC Board of Health for many violation in September. During Thanksgiving week, a 4 alarm fire destroyed Sarge's. It is currently boarded up. Will it reopen--unknown at this point.

Visited November 2012