“Not great”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ok let me start by saying I am a pho addict. If it was my last supper, this is what I'm eating. I'm super critical and from Australia which means we are blessed with amazing Vietnamese food. From all accounts Pho Bang is the best pho in NYC, so considering the reputation that New York has in the culinary world, I was looking forward to what should have been an amazing bowl of soup. But it was not.
Noodles: grainy. Had a really Singapore noodle texture, nothing silky about them at all.
Broth: horrible. It genuinely tasted like powdered beef stock was used.
Size: ok
Price: good
Chilli: no heat whatsoever
Garnishes: not brilliant

Overall I was really disappointed with this Pho. I didn't get a chance to try any others in the city so can't compare, but I really can't recommend this place. Normally pho is good even when it is bad, but I can't say that for pho bang.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant from reviews read here but I wouldn't put Poh's on the 4 to 5 ratings of the other reviewers. Although the food was nice it was very average and my husband and I have eaten at other vietnamese restaurants much better than this. The servings are very generous, the food average and the waiters polite but the restaurant far from clean, with the floor greasy, the toilets filthy. I am sure with the offer of so many restaurants in New York that there would be other places to go and try first so I would recommend that. But if you want a cheap meal and don't mind the decor around you, then by all means enjoy

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have never had Vietnamese food before... so I was a little apprehensive. While I am curious about new foods, I am also scared of them. I am so glad I went to Pho Bang!!! They had really great food and the service was prompt. I had the Cho Gio (deep fried pork, craft meat, mushroom in a spring roll), Tai Nam Gau Gan Sach (combination rice noodles beef soup with fresh eye of round, brisket, tendon and omosa) and Banh Hoi Thit Heo Nuong (grilled pork and rice thread ). All of it was very good but try not to get so much soup in the Tai Nam Gau Gan Sach. I was almost there forever with the soup. Great good and great place for first time.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Three years ago I went to this restaurant for the first time and since leaving the restaurant for the last time, I was craving the delicious Pho that is cooked there.
I came back to the restaurant two weeks ago and found it unchanged, the quality of the dishes is still top notch and the staff is really helpful. This last time we were served jasmine tea, which was a great compliment to our Pho and suited the cold weather in NY.
I always go for #14 or #15, best pho ever!

1  Thank Bernardo_Mejia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

They serves variety of Vietnamese dishes and all of them are quite tasty and reasonably priced.You can go as a group to enjoy many different dishes. They also serve nice Vietnamese desserts. If you like French-roasted coffee, you should order one. It would be a great finish for lunch or dinner. Just note that unless you told them not to, coffee serves with condensed milk.
You can get best value for money at this restaurant. Unless you need a great decor, this is definitely recommended for food lovers.