“Go to this Little Italy icon off-peak”
Review of Lombardi's Pizza

Lombardi's Pizza
Ranked #571 of 13,823 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Nolita
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Go to this Little Italy icon off-peak”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had to wait 45 minutes at lunch time on a week day to get in, but the wait was worth it. I had the most scrumptious white pizza I've ever had--mozarella, ricotta, mushrooms, garlic-infused olive oil. The crust was just right--not too thin nor too thick. My mouth waters thinking about it. But don't expect warm fuzzies from the staff. And expect lines for the two one seater bathrooms.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Illinois
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We are very used to Chicago style pizza and usually turn our nose up at pizza in other states. Friends insisted we try Lombardi's and we are so glad we did! Terrific crust and sauce-less cheese than we're used to but the combo of ingredients was well balanced and works. Service was also top notch. Prices were ok-about $25 for a large one topping pizza, appetizers were around $7-$9. If we're ever back in the area I'd definitely make a trip back. Oh-and cash only!

Toronto
“just A-W-F-U-L”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend and I went to Lombardi's Pizza for dinner mid-June 2013. Even though it wasn't very busy and there were lots of empty tables, the hostess seated us at a tiny table ... A. in the busy narrow hallway leading to the kitchen, B. near the washroom and C. across from the waiter's station. I asked if we could have a another, perhaps one of the many empty booths. The sulky hostess just walked away without looking at us and luckily a friendly waiter appeared and gladly escorted us to one of the booth tables.

Shortly after, when I went to the W.C. to wash my hands, I overheard a discourse between the hostess and the waiter. He suggested that she should check with customers to see if they approve the location of their seating/table or prefer to sit somewhere else. She snapped back, "What do you care, you only make $9 an hour!"

I do acknowledge that the hostess is responsible for locating the customers evenly throughout the restaurant and the various wait staff sections, but when a customer prefers to sit somewhere else, one would hope that it could be accommodated in a friendlier manner.

I felt sorry for the waiter. When we were leaving, I wanted to tell him that he was too nice to work there.

now...FOOD
[I'm Italian, so I've had my share of pizzas]
- tasteless Caesar salad, in a small bowl with hardly more than a handful of romaine lettuce. I thought to myself; they charge $8.50 for this tiny salad?
- Pizza - tasteless sauce and tasteless toppings and minimal amounts. I wondered if the cheese was even real.

The place just seems like a tourist trap or a theme park type place for kids.

2 Thank Nancy P
“Yea for Lombardi's!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My sister loves New York Pizza. I have never been much of a fan, but we went to Lombardi's and now I may have to change my mind. It was excellent! So excellent in fact that we went back the next day and had the same pizza!

Clayton, North Carolina, United States
“outstanding experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

when looking for the best pizza in NYC, you have to try this place Had 3 kids under 12 and the waiter recommended holding the basil as sometimes kids don't appreciate the taste of it. The cheese pizza didn't have as much cheese as we are used to but the sauce and crust were so good that my kids didn't even bat an eye. After 5 days of eating pizza, my kids voted this as one of the best pizza places on planet earth. We were even surrounded on three sides by Italian speaking groups which completed the authentic feel of being in Little Italy.