“Great Pizza and Really Good Service Too”

John's of Times Square
Ranked #247 of 14,130 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in a unique 19th century church, the country's largest pizzeria is the perfect budget-friendly location for small and large groups to enjoy NY's famous thin-crust, brick oven pizza. Founded in 1997, John's is conveniently located in Times Square, and is the ideal restaurant to enjoy pre- and post-theater meals with family and friends. Capable of seating 400 people, John's can handle groups of any size gracefully in a NY minute
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I eat almost every time I am in NYC. I have tried all of the others that are famous. They are good, but I think this is better. The concierge at a hotel told me about it.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

I ate at John's on 44th Street recently before a Broadway Show. Yes, it is convenient, but the food and service were terrible! Our pizza had hardly any cheese, and we ordered 2 toppings (chicken & sundried tomatoes). There was literally one piece of chicken and 1 sundried tomato on each slice! The crust was tasteless. The service was very slow and it is extremely loud in the restaurant. If you want really good pizza, try Grimaldi's in Brooklyn or Hoboken. Another option is Lombardi's in Little Italy.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Service left much to be desired. My mother has a food allergy to garlic and they would not accommodate this, where they have in the past. Food was good but the margarita pizza had way too much basil, it was all that could be tasted. Otherwise the pizza was good. Ravoli was slow, it came out 10 minutes after the pizza. Drinks were very slow in being refilled. Overall the experience was average at best.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Had johns after reading all the reviews on here and it was amazing! The food, atmosphere and even price were wonderful. We were seated immediatly at 1230, although I think we just beat a lunch rush. Had a small pizza with pepporoni that was perfect for me and my guy to split and half order of garlic bread with cheese. It was also neat to see what an efficient system they had for making their pizzas as we were seated close to the wood fire grill. We each had 2 beers, had a bill of 50$ and were stuffed the rest of the day. It was right next door to the st James theater, which we had tickets to for a 2 pm show. The whole experience was perfect!

1  Thank Mist43
Reviewed September 25, 2010

For my first NY pizza experience it was great. This location is huge 2 stories. Ordered pizza and spinach pizza rolls. Great prices too.

1  Thank ARS819