“Very Good”

Ranked #248 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in a unique 19th century church, the country's largest pizzeria is the perfect budget-friendly location for small and large groups to enjoy NY's famous thin-crust, brick oven pizza. Founded in 1997, John's is conveniently located in Times Square, and is the ideal restaurant to enjoy pre- and post-theater meals with family and friends. Capable of seating 400 people, John's can handle groups of any size gracefully in a NY minute
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Large and crowded, very popular. Had about a ten minute wait. Well prepared pizza, One was more then enough to be shared by two people. Service was very attentive. never felt rushed as one can in popular places.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This place was recommended to my family by a friend who lives in the area and I am so glad I took their recommedation. First of all, the atmosphere is great for all types of occasions - family dinners, dates, etc. We went for lunch and had pizza, which was delicious. My daughter had the ravioli, nice sized portion and also very good. I was shocked when the bill came, very reasonable for NYC. This is definitely not a tourist trap -- you can tell a lot of locals come here.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stopped in to pick up a pizza as I was staying at the nearby InterContinental Hotel. They pizza was ready when they said it would be and was very good! crispy crust and exactly as ordered. Staff was helpful as I waiting for my order. Restaurant was PACKED. allow plenty of time as I understand this to be a very popular place. There is a bar upfront (standing only) so at least you have a drink while waiting for your table. I liked the décor inside as well. In my opinion (guy from NC here so take this for what it is worth) it is classic NY pizza restaurant....

Reviewed January 21, 2014

They serve great pizza. Very busy which is always a good sign. Located close to the Theatres. Be prepared the large pizza is HUGE !

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

After a 45 minute wait (it's a popular spot), we were delighted with great pizza. I'm not a thin crust kind of guy, but had it since that is all they offer, and was completely satisfied. Service was good (the company was better). Great atmosphere. A little noisy, but that was expected. All the waiters wear shirts that say "No Slices". We thought that was because they do not serve single slices (which they don't), but realized it is really because there are no slices left when you are done.