“Fast, cheap and middling pizzeria”

John's of Times Square
Ranked #238 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in a unique 19th century church, the country's largest pizzeria is the perfect budget-friendly location for small and large groups to enjoy NY's famous thin-crust, brick oven pizza. Founded in 1997, John's is conveniently located in Times Square, and is the ideal restaurant to enjoy pre- and post-theater meals with family and friends. Capable of seating 400 people, John's can handle groups of any size gracefully in a NY minute
Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a good theater show me and my wife just wanted something to eat fast and reasonably. So we took a large pizza and a bottle of wine which was very cheap and extremely low in this city. Wine was still fine and pizza also but nothing top-high. The pizzeria is also very noisy (old church..) and for example we didn't heard over half of what the waiter said for us. Still very good quality-price ratio.

There are newer reviews for John's of Times Square

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I came to NYC from England for 5 nights. We had a takeaway pizza from here one night and it was really tasty and we also came and sat down for lunch one day.

It is right in the heart of Times Square and it is really busy but the atmosphere and service was great. I had pasta the second time and I would say the pizza was a lot better but overall a great place.

If you want pizza in the Times Square area, then I would recommend people look no further than here.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had high hopes for this place after receiving a recommendation from a friend but left somewhat disappointed. It's a quirky and interesting building with a nice atmosphere and decent service but the food itself was distinctly average. The pizzas were O.K but lacked the wow factor in terms of both flavour an quality. They were burnt, dry and crusty around the edges which is not good. The emphasis seemed to be on quantity rather than quality and I have had much nicer pizzas at chain restaurants such as Frankie and Bennys. Anticlimax.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time to visit NYC in the last year and I ate at John's both times. The pizza there is great!! The restaurant is in an old church and the domed ceiling and the stain glass is nothing less than beautiful. I would recommend John's to anyone.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the best pizza I've ever eaten! The crust was perfectly crispy with a beautiful tomato sauce and plenty of cheese. Great salads too!