“Best pizza”

Ranked #242 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Located in a unique 19th century church, the country's largest pizzeria is the perfect budget-friendly location for small and large groups to enjoy NY's famous thin-crust, brick oven pizza. Founded in 1997, John's is conveniently located in Times Square, and is the ideal restaurant to enjoy pre- and post-theater meals with family and friends. Capable of seating 400 people, John's can handle groups of any size gracefully in a NY minute
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Any time my husband and I make a trip to NYC we have to eat at John's. This is by far the best pizza we have ever eaten and the beer prices aren't too bad for NYC either. A little pricey if you like lots of toppings, but other than that, it is excellent.

There are newer reviews for John's of Times Square

Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's a big statement, but it just happens to be true. Couldn't believe my taste-buds! Thought I'd 'had' pizza ... What did I know!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We loved John's so much that we ate here two nights in a row!

What can I say? The pizza here was just amazing! My wife and I shared a salad and a pizza both nights and were extremely satisfied. The Margareta pizza is absolutely mouth watering! Nothing beats a good stone oven cooked pizza. The pizzas came in two sizes and were reasonably priced. Extra toppings were approx $2 each. A large salad, large pizza and tip came out to about $40, which is reasonable for two people.

Apart from the food, the service was good both nights we went. Even when busy (around 6ish), we were seated within 15 mins. Servers are quick and with three stone ovens in the restaurant, you don't wait long for food.

The location is great, located in Times Square (one block east of Broadway and 6th Ave on 44th St.)

If you go to New York and love pizza, eat a John's!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

John's is always a favorite stop for whenever I'm in NYC - the pizza is usually very good, but the service can be very slooooow. Overall, enjoyable, but just be prepared for a wait for a table or slow service. Try the garlic knots, they are pretty tasty!

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Large place (wouldn't know it from the street), used to be a church. If you are looking for a quick sit down meal, this will work. It's not a corner pizza by the slice place, you need to buy a whole pie, but small size is fine for two. Pizza was okay, but just average. Location is good if you plan on seeing a Broadway show, we went for lunch before seeing a matinee. Service is fast as they want quick turnover. Prices are what you'd expect for the venue off Times Square. Lots of tourists.