“Great sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Blue Ribbon Sushi
Ranked #29 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Blue Ribbon Sushi is the original collaboration between Bruce & Eric Bromberg and sushi master, Toshi Ueki. The cozy cedar clad restaurant has an extensive selection of fresh fish flown in daily from the Sea of Japan as well as both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. We feature many combinations of fresh ingredients and delicacies and an award-winning sake list. Whether you sit at the walnut Sushi Bar or at one of the cozy tables in the back room, Blue Ribbon Sushi will transport you to the other side of the world.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I wondered in here late Friday evening after strolling around soho. Was told a 45 minute wait but to sit tight as sushi bar may open up. We were seated in 15 min. Started with amberjack sashimi app with a hot pepper sauce. Usually not amberjack fan, but this was a hit. Followed up with broiled oysters with a killer egg and chive coating. Unbelievable. Then toro sushi at 18 bucks each. Ouch. Also tried special softshell crab roll, tuna box, hamachi collar. Nothing inexpensive about the place but the best sushi and service. Will be back for sure

• Visited August 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal in NYC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I cannot remember what I ate, but I do remember that no matter what i put in my mouth, it tasted absolutely divine! I'll be going back the next time I'm in the city, that's for sure. This restaurant should be ranked higher in my opinion.

• Visited September 2012
“Fun Place in SoHo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I have been here more than any other NYC restaurants, and it's one of our favorites.

We don't live in NY. We live in Asia, and we frequent top sushi places in major Asian capitals, especially Tokyo and Seoul. It would seem odd then to go for sushi in NYC when we have regular access to the best in Asia. But the reason Blue Ribbon is always on our itinerary is that it offers a much different dining experience than your average stuffy Japanese restaurant.

It's tucked away in a pretty little street in SoHo. The atmosphere is very lively, young, casual, almost collegiate - it reminds us of places we use to go when we were students, and I mean that in a good way. Sushi is fine, but I don't think you should go there for the traditional fare. You go there for the rolls, especially the spicy scallop rolls. And you go there late, really late. It's open til way past midnight, and there's something very fun about spicy rolls with warm sake really late at night, followed by capuccino at cafes nearby, amongst the young people engaged in after-hour dating.

So not a place to take you in-laws, but more a place to unwind after a few hours with the in-laws.

• Visited February 2013
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic sushi, really enjoyed the food here, but watch out for getting stung with the $17 Japanese beers!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City, Utah
“I can't remember the dish but wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really wish I could remember what it was we orders because it was one of the best some type of sashimi with the lobster cooked and rolled into this melt in your mouth goodness. I will be back for sure. We luckily went with a local who knew some people and his people got us a table.

• Visited August 2013