“Small restaurant, large portions.”
Review of Pearl Oyster Bar

Pearl Oyster Bar
Ranked #535 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Pearl Oyster Bar opened as a 21-seat Seafood restaurant in 1997 to extraordinary acclaim. It was the first establishment in NYC to serve New England cuisine and popularized the lobster roll, never before served in New York. Pearl was also responsible for the upscale oyster bar trend and dining at the bar. The restaurant expanded in 2003 and is considered a New York Classic. Celebrating our 20th anniversary in 2017.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We popped in here for a light lunch and couldn't eat for the rest of the day!

Such a cool space off Bleeker Street that I'm not sure you'd recognise it's excellence simply walking past it.

I had been recommended the lobster roll but also fancied the fried skate sandwich so shared the two with my partner. The lobster roll served in a brioches roll was filled to the brim with lobster. The skate sandwich was even better and enormous! It was serve in ciabatta rolls and came with the obligatory skinny chips that seem to come with everything in New York.

I needed to flop and nap after eating so much but went back for a second time. This time my partners order was not what he ordered but the staff were unnecessarily over apologetic and refused to accept payment for all our drinks.

Will definitely be back for a 3rd visit on my next visit.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've been to Pearl a couple of times.....and I love their lobster roll!
The taste is truly amazing! The size of the roll is normal but it is filled to the max of very yummy lobster!
I suggest making a reservation, especially during the weekend as the place is fairly small and you risk waiting a long time!
No Amex......so bring cash in case.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place is really small. I walked in for lunch and sat at the counter. The service was friendly and top-notch. Great selection. I had the blue-point oysters and they were fantastic as was the delicious bowl of clam chowder. I saw them serving lobster rolls and they looked amazing. Without a doubt on my next visit to NYC this place is on my return list. Loved it.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We tryed this place on a recomondation of a friend while christmas shopping for the weekend in the city. Its small and loud and exactly what we were looking for in a NYC setting. We had seafood sampler for starts and fish of the day and scallops. Service was quick and the food was very good. We really enjoyed the evening

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is small, quaint and delicious!! We had the lobster rolls and clam chowder- New England not Manhattan. Both were excellent!!