“Fantastic Pizza! Sinatra's Favorite.”
Review of Patsy's Pizza

Patsy's Pizza
Ranked #1,006 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Sinatra loved this pizza and so do I. That is saying a lot for a Chicago boy. We came here after an afternoon Yankee game for dinner. It was a bit of a hike from the 125th st. subway station. There were moments walking through Harlem when we thought this place had folded because it was difficult to find on-line. There are several Patsy's in the city and could not find a link to this address. Finally when we turned the corner on 1st Ave. there was Patsy's glorious sign! I don't know about the other locations but this is the original. They still have the same coal fired oven they used in 1933 when they opened. These coal ovens are banned in the city but Patsy's is grandfathered in. The place is small but was only half full on Labor Day night. The interior is simple with tile floor, wood chairs and tables and pictures of famous New Yorkers, newspaper articles and official congressional documents claiming how awesome this place is. The waitresses were friendly but seemed to be in not too big of a hurry or that attentive for the place only being half full. We had muscles as an appetizer that were delicious. The pizza when it came out was amazing. A more of a traditional thin crust with a fantastic sauce and ingredients that were so fresh. I will have to try more pizza places in New York to compare but from all the Chicago pizza I have had, this ranked near the top.

2  Thank Marcus R

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pizza was excellent I wish I could get some right now. Patsy's has won awards for having the best pizza so check it out

1  Thank matoakaV
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have eaten a lot of pizza in NY and this is by far my favorite. We have been to each of their locations and the pizza is consistently great every time. If you like thin crust pizza Margherita this is the place for you

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Be sure that you go the original Patsy's in East Harlem on 118th Street. The pizza is spectacular! The neighborhood is a little rough so we went for lunch.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

First off. this is a place for people taking taxi, bus or subway. We drove and parking spots are very rare in this neighborhood.

We attended a rehearsal dinner held there. The Pizza was fantastic. Some in our party treated Pizza like an appetizer and wanted to order an "entree", but for us, Pizza was the whole meal. The cheese and fresh garlic Pizza was terrific, but the Margherita was awesome.

I got our lead waiter to take me in to see the oven and it was amazing. I talked to the guy who comes in at 5:00 AM every day, cleans the ash and re-stokes the coal fire. Pretty amazing and pretty darn HOT, they said 800 degrees.

Don't go for the atmosphere or the ambiance or the neighborhood, go for the Pizza.