“Bangin Brunch”

Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Lafayette & Bowery
Transit: Broadway & Lafayette
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here with some friends of ours for Sunday brunch. Easily would have walked by it had they not pointed it out to us. They had been before but it was our first time. As it was breakfast hour on Sunday I only looked at the brunch menu. The scrambled eggs with cheese and mushrooms was exactly what I was craving. It turned out to be very good. Paired with a biscket that I wasn't a fan of, and a side of watercress, kinda unusual and not what I would have usually paired it with for greens/garnish.. But over all I thought it was good. The other dishes that came to the table looked good as well. Brunch beverages also looked good. The place had a good atmosphere and we where seated right away. For dessert the churros and Mexican hot chocolate where very good. One order was enough for the table of 4. Good times.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great little place to have brunch. We had the churros at first and then roasted eggs and simple eggs. The food is tasty and the atmosphere is trendy.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my wife on Valuentine's Day, came away very disappointed. Food was ill prepared - delicate fish was destroyed by large amounts of vinegar in sauce and level of service dropped to zero when this was commented on. Certainly not what I have expected, and not a good experience on Val's Day.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited this restuarant twice...once for brunch and then again for dinner.
The atmosphere is nice...somewhat on the noisy side, but you can hear yourself talk. The service was attentive.

However I did not care for the food either time.

For Brunch I had the French Toast...just ok...did not like how the cranberries went with the meal. I tasted the pancakes someone else in our party got....didn't like the flavor of these either.
Mac and Cheese was ok. The coffee took forever to be made.....and it was dissapointing.

For dinner, I ordered the whole Bass which had a strange flavor to it. It sat on cold potatoes. I usually send back cold food right away, but I didn't like the taste of these and and no intention of eating them. The menu says spinach was inlcuded....I didn't see it on my plate.

My dining companion had lasagna. This was not at all good.
As an appetizer we shared the potatoe pizza. Just ok....also some strange flavor added.

There seems to be a lot of strange spices and flavors used that I simply don't care for. I am not a plain and simple eater, and usually love to find interesting a new ways a meal is prepared. These flavors don't happen to work for me.

I am giving the rating here a "Poor" when I factor in the price. I hate to pay a lot for a meal and really not enjoy anything about it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fun neighborhood place, good solid brunch offerings but didn't think it was as extraordinary as some others suggest. Its a good bet, good pricing, reliable food, great service but it can be crowded with see and be seen-ers on the weekend and noisy. The food is good but its average brunch fare. Recommend sticking to eggs or the burger - their eggs benedict dishes are ok but tend to be dry.

Just ok but won't go back only because there are so many strong options in NYC for brunch. Tough competition.