“Good brunch. Oddly dry eggs benedict?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Five Points - CLOSED

Five Points
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Lafayette & Bowery
Transit: Broadway & Lafayette
Canada
“Good brunch. Oddly dry eggs benedict?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fun neighborhood place, good solid brunch offerings but didn't think it was as extraordinary as some others suggest. Its a good bet, good pricing, reliable food, great service but it can be crowded with see and be seen-ers on the weekend and noisy. The food is good but its average brunch fare. Recommend sticking to eggs or the burger - their eggs benedict dishes are ok but tend to be dry.

Just ok but won't go back only because there are so many strong options in NYC for brunch. Tough competition.

nyc
“Fun & Lively Place for Sunday Brunch. Creative menu. Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A lively place, in a fun neighbourhood, great for Sunday Brunch with friends or family. Food was fine (not outstanding), but there are some interesting alternatives on the menu. Five Points is busy, and a bit noisy, but worth a visit.

New York City, New York
“Great brunch, if you can stand the attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've lived away from New York for several years, and one of the things I was looking forward to about moving back was brunch. No place else in the world has restaurants that do brunch quite like New York City. A friend suggested we meet at Five Points recently for brunch. The food was great. I had an amazing rosemary-infused bloody mary, and we shared freshly made churros as a starter. For my main, I ordered the soft scrambled eggs with brussel sprouts and a cheese scone. Again, delicious. But what turned me off was the attitude of every single person who worked there. No friendly hellos or goodbyes from the host staff, no smiles from the waitstaff. And never a single thank you from anyone. It seemed as if we should have been grateful to them for allowing us to eat there. There are too many other good brunch places in NYC for me to bother with Five Points again in the future.

“A PLACE TO BE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I had brunch here Sunday, A really attractive spot with good variety of dishes, I had a BLT, on served a wonderful bread the best BLT I have had in a long time, with a tastyLemonade. We shared a Hot Chocolate with Churros (you should dip them), Too good not to try! We were served by Mime, very attentive always with a smile. This is a well managed restaurant. All in all an enjoyable Sunday Brunch. Try it you will like it.
Jeremy

2 Thank jeremy t
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC and has been since I moved here. I think this would be a great choice for visitors especially as it is near SoHo, but a bit off the beaten path so it is not crowded. The menu is New American, so everyone will be able to find something they like. The service is great--they really know how to treat their guests.

I've been on dates, girls' nights out and business lunches here and it's always a great experience. The price is right, too. Though, out of towners who don't live in a major city may experience some sticker shock. :)

I'd recommend reservations, if you can plan in advance. But the wait won't be too bad if you can't, and the bar is a nice place to have a drink.

• Visited August 2012