“A great slice of New York ”

Joe's Pizza - Carmine St
Ranked #185 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Since 1975, the family-owned Greewich Village Institution. Serving the quintessential slice of New York. Seen in countless tv, print and media, the famous Joe's Pizza. World renowned, authentic , classic.
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a busy Saturday night but we're lucky that we did not have to wait long. What a place! Rough, ready and buzzing. The service was surly but warm, the pizza hot and delicious and the beer cold- Joe's was everything we wanted it to be; a no nonsense pizza place that screams NYC.

1  Thank Mattu
Write a ReviewReviews (1,164)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was the best pizza I've ever had! Inexpensive, quick and multiple tables to eat ate. This is a must try.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

every trip to NYC is only complete with a visit to joe's pizza ... this really small restaurant serving hot and fresh pizza is the best pizza in the world - thin crust plain cheese pizza which melts in your mouth .....if you are looking for a fine dining experience this is definitely not the place however if you are looking for finger licking good fresh pizza this is worth the trip !!!! needless to say that this is my favourate place to eat pizza !!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hands down, this is my favorite slice place in New York. Everytime I'm in town, it's one of my first stops, and I always try to stop one last time before I head to the airport. The slices are thin and crispy, with a balanced sauce that's just a little sweet, and the perfect amount of toppings. Just as a warning: It's a small space with mostly counter seating - there are 2 standup tables in the center and three counters along the wall with stools. So if you have a large group, plan accordingly.

Another great thing about Joe's is the location. It's right around the corner from the West 4th Street subway stop, and also right by Bleecker Street, which is full of awesome restaurants and food shops. I like to graze my way through the neighborhood - slice at Joe's, then a gelato pop or macaron, some cheese from Murray's, etc.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The shop is little and you just walk in and order. Hubby and I took our slices out to the little park across the street and ate. It was hot and delicious! Prices were great and eating it in the park was perfect. Hubby even went back for another slice! We headed over to Molly's Cupcakes for dessert... a perfect night!