“A Mouthwatering Slice of NY The Size of a Manhole Cover!”

Joe's Pizza - Carmine St
Ranked #85 of 13,681 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Since 1975, the family-owned Greewich Village Institution. Serving the quintessential slice of New York. Now, proud to announce our first expansion in 38 years! You can also visit us at (Joe's Pizza - 14st) 150 E. 14th St.
madtown
“A Mouthwatering Slice of NY The Size of a Manhole Cover!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As expected, at lunch, there would be substantial lines. However, Joe's is super efficient and my wait was no longer than a couple minutes.

Here you have to go for the pepperoni. I ordered mine, but the clerk told me to wait because they were snagging a fresh one from the oven. I hate to wait, but knowing I was waiting for a fresh slice rather than one sitting for 15 minutes or so is thoughtful customer service.

I grabbed my massive slice and walked over to Father Demo Square across the street. This is basically outdoor seating for the area restaurants.

In the sun, the slight grease glistened from the mozzarella and pepperoni, sauce oozing from the cheese -- it was begging to be folded and devoured.

The 1st thing I noticed was the crust was very crispy, thin, but still chewy. I never enjoyed a crust quite like it. The sauce was perfectly seasoned with a nice tang and subtle sweetness - the marriage between that, the cheese and the pepperoni made for an incredible slice.

The most surprising part was the massive slice was a rather light eat and one could conceivably have more if there weren't Pasticceria Rocco canolis waiting in the wings.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
South Daytona, Florida, United States
“No complaints”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a slice of pepperoni and husband had cheese. Ok as we were in the area after the comedy club but Patzeria's Perfect Pizza was way better.

Richmond, Virginia
“Best Pizza Ever”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

On our recent trip to NYC, my wife and I made it a personal mission to find the best pizza in the city. We tried pizza from at least 10 different locations throughout the city (and Jersey) in 2 days. Folks, I’m here to tell you that Joes Pizzeria was hands down “THE BEST PIZZA I’VE EVER EATEN”! Everything from the crust, to the cheese, to the sauce were on point. I promise that you will not find a better slice than Joes. They offer by the slice or whole pie and are open extremely late which is always a plus in my book. The one drawback (which I completely understand) is that they only take cash, but to offset that, an ATM is located conveniently outside. If you go to New York and don’t try Joes, you should be ashamed of yourself… it’s that good!

1 Thank Mike M
Adelaide, Australia
“Great pizza at a great location”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a slice of the cheese pizza and I was really impressed. It's affordable, fast and across the road from a park with plenty of seating do don't let the fact that there's limited seating inside put you off. Well worth a visit!

Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't miss Joe's”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Grab a slice, sit on the park bench, enjoy the village.

No where really to eat in the place, but with NYC right there, why would you want to?!?

Hands down, best pizza ever (and I'm from ny and tried a lot of them).

Enjoy!