“Reliable late night stalwart”

Blue Ribbon Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Ribbon Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #538 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Located on Sullivan Street at the convergence of the West Village and SoHo, Blue Ribbon's bustling dining room and friendly bar have been serving neighborhood regulars and culinary industry insiders since 1992. The Bromberg Brothers' eclectic vision first sprang to life here and has blossomed into an iconic destination known for its late-night dining scene where the country's top chefs congregate and eat after closing their own kitchens. Subdued lighting, red velvet banquettes and mustard hued walls, pristine oysters and countless culinary tales are all well-known trademarks of this, the flagship and original Blue Ribbon.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A regular go to for late night food, when I am reeling over 12 hour jet lag. The menu is excellent and the service friendly and efficient, with the bone marrow toast being one of my must have dishes every time I visit New York.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in SOHO. They don't take reservations so ideal time has been 630 or 10 pm on a Monday night. The fried oyster appetizer is the one dish I always order. In fact, I've been known to order it as an appetizer and as an entree. Pairs nicely with a couple of glasses of cava.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Blue Ribbon serves dinner from 4 PM to 4 AM. Not a large house, but wonderful service and food. Two of us had whole flounders steamed in a luscious broth. The third person in our party had wonderful rock bass. Then we shared mango ice cream for desert. We arrived after midnight, just my style, will return on my next trip to NYC

1  Thank Squirrel404
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were recently in New York on holiday staying at the Trump Soho(review submitted) and on our first night we went on a walk around the local neighbourhood in Soho. We were having a couple of drinks in the Soho Room across the street from Blue ribbon and asked our waitress for some recommendations for dinner and she pointed us in the direction of Blue Ribbon.
I am glad we asked as we had a wonderful meal here and the food was divine. I had the chicken wings to start and Karen had the Calamari both of which were delicious. I followed up the starter with Rack of lamb whilst the wife had the chicken burger and the as Rack of Lamb is one of my favourite dishes ever I was not disappointed the lamb was cooked exactly how I like it medium and the sauce that came with it was amazing one of the best Racks I have had in all honesty.As I don't drink wine I stuck to water and Karen had a glass of Prosecco which she said was very nice. I found the prices to be very reasonable for the quality of the meal and Blue ribbon will now join the other culinary recommendations on My web links for friends family visiting new york.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Blue ribbon re-defines late-night food.

Think gourmet--full menu-- available to you into the early hours of the morning. We came here at around 1 am on Thursday night and it was absolutely packed, luckily scored the last table. The vibe was great, it was definitely happening. The restaurant was very dim, warm and dark and the attire was definitely dressy. People were still pouring in way after 2 am. We ordered two cocktails; my Lillipad Martini with cucumber was so light and refreshing but still very strong.

From the menu, we got the beef tartar, pierogies and I got a chicken salad. The beef tartar was so well seasoned, the spicy mustard on the side complimented it well. The chips on the side were also a nice touch. The waiter asked us if we wanted boiled or fried pierogies. I decided to go with the fried but what we got were more like empanadas than pierogies because they were deep fried. The filling was still delicious though, but when he said fried I envisioned the old-school pan-fry way.

Prior to coming to the Blue Ribbon, we tried both Vins et Fleurs and Balthazar and they were both closed, but I'm so happy we ended up here instead!