“Great Experience”

Blue Ribbon Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Ribbon Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #639 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Located on Sullivan Street at the convergence of the West Village and SoHo, Blue Ribbon's bustling dining room and friendly bar have been serving neighborhood regulars and culinary industry insiders since 1992. The Bromberg Brothers' eclectic vision first sprang to life here and has blossomed into an iconic destination known for its late-night dining scene where the country's top chefs congregate and eat after closing their own kitchens. Subdued lighting, red velvet banquettes and mustard hued walls, pristine oysters and countless culinary tales are all well-known trademarks of this, the flagship and original Blue Ribbon.
Suffolk, VA
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have wanted to try Blue Ribbon for some time, particularly for its famous late night dinner. After my oldest son and I went to see the play "Sleep No More" (a play downtown) and having a couple of Absinthe cocktails at the play (and starting to see the green fairies the drink promises) we hit the restaurant around 11:00 p.m. The place is infamous for its open hous of 4 p.m. until 4 a.m. and its no reservations unless 5 or more policy. It was packed, which worked out great because we got to sit at the bar next to the gentleman who was in charge of the raw bar. We started the evening off with the Bone Marrow & Marmalade served with toast points and sea salt. Just decadent and just what was called for after the two glasses of absinthe (the green fairies slowly melted away into the night). We struck up a conversation with the bartender and the raw bar chef and they thought it pretty cool for a father/son evening in the big city. The next thing we knew was we got to try some of the varities of oysters. It was a real education of the different tast, textures and nuances involvedfrom region to region. For our mains I ordered the Sweetbreads with Arugula, Wild Mushrooms and Carrot. My son ordered the Pigeon with Toasted Barley, Sweet Potato and Apple. Both dishes were cooked perfectly. So it is nearly 1:00 a.m. but we finished the evening with two glasses of MacCallan, 18 yr. Highlands Scotch. A short cab ride to our 46th street hotel and I slept in until almost 10 a.m. A great evening. One for the books.

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
Williamsville, New York
“We're fans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok I have to preface this review and let you know that we came here with friends, one of which has a brother who once worked with the bartender on duty the afternoon we dropped in. After a phone call where the two former coworkers chatted, we decided to have an early dinner and were seated promptly. It was early for us around 5pm but decided to rest from being tourists and give our feet a rest too! I am not into seafood so I opted for their fried chicken. It was touted as a house favorite. It came with mashed potatoes and collard greens. Im sure the collard greens were great when they were hot, but I devoured the rest of the meal and couldn't force eating them cold. The three others I dined with ordered various seafood items and raved about their choices. I can't speak to the price because our friend picked up the tab. If you are looking for excellent food and a great wait staff and price is not a concern, this is a good choice. As for the interior, its quaint.

• Visited October 2012
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been here so many times and it never ceases to amaze me how fabulous this place is. Drinks are great. Food is superb. Atmosphere is awesome, aNd I always seem to seem celebrities here. Although this place is pricey, it's definitely worth it. We had the seafood tower for appetizer, which had lobster, prawns, oysters, scallops, clams, and clavier with all different sauces to go with it...topped off with 2 shots of vodka! Love this place! Not a good place for families with kids, but a incredible experience if your with friends or your partner.

• Visited October 2012
Luanda, Angola
“Paris in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at 11 pm and were lucky to find a table for 4 with no reservation! It felt we were in a restaurant in Paris because of the atmosphere, it was dime light, cosy and crowded. The food is excellent and the staff a bit arrogant like the French but knowledgable.

London
“Late night eats..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I think it says it all that whenever I'm in NYC, I plan early dinner just so I can go in here at 2am and eat again. It's not unusual for me to be in here 3 out of 5 evenings! Sometimes I just have a couple of appetisers and sometimes more. There really isn't anything bad on the menu. The wings and calamari are particularly good.