“Mixed review” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alfredo of Rome - CLOSED

Alfredo of Rome
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th avenue
Transit: B, D, f, V, stops at 47-50th street Rockefeller center, also the E, and the number and 6 at 51st and Lexington avenue.
Description: In it's Rockefeller Center location, Alfredo of Rome joins its award winning predecessors at Epcot Center in Walt Disney World and the original Alfredo of Rome where in 1914,the original fettuccine Alfredo was invented. New York's new 8000 square foot installment offers a contemporary twist on the classic Roman fare that made Alfredo a household name and, of course, the irresistible only original Fettuccine Alfredo. Celebrities and heads of state have made Alfredo's their home away from home. Alfredo N.Y. is no exception. What attracts them? May be it's the heralded authentic Italian cuisine. Or perhaps their often talked about wine list (winner of the Wine spectator award from 20001-2005.)Certainly the Hirschfield’s adorning the walls can't help but draw attention.
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is one of my friend's favorites, so when we were in the city the other night, we decided to eat there - it was my first time. I was really happy with some parts of the meal, and really disappointed with others - I guess you just have to know what to order. We shared the salad with the artichokes as an app and that was very nice (they made it with mixed greens instead of radicchio, which was a nice accommodation). The fettuccini alfredo is what they're named for and was very good - if you go, you sort of have to experience it since they claim to be the originator of the dish - they will make it for you as a side dish or an appetizer portion if you want something in addition to that for your meal. However, I had it with a filet mignon which was overcooked and had no flavor (as if they didn't even put salt and pepper on it before grilling). I never add salt to my meals, but had to here. I would probably go back, but would order differently as the pricey proteins aren't worth what they charge. Our waiter was terrific though - attentive without hovering and we had a great table where we could "people watch" from the front windows.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ABB1976

new york
“try... Everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

There are so many restaurants in NYC that few will merit my return. Alfredo of Rome on W. 49th Street is one that I continue to revisit without being disappointed. As the tourists flock to Rockefeller Center the restaurants in the area fill and the food and attention from the waitstaff suffers. This is not the case with Alfredo. I love to shop the day away then slip in for a martini or Prosecco. My friends and I munch on the Frittura Alla Romana and the Pizza Valtellina which is topped with gorgonzola cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh pears and truffle oil! No ordinary pizza to say the least. My friends have ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo, the restaurant claims to be the inventor of this dish and who am I to argue? It is delicious, but so many calories. We love to order a few dishes and share at the table. The waitstaff is pleasant and attentive. The cocktails are excellent and creative. But beware, you pay for excellence with a price in NYC and Alfredos is pricey, especially with cocktails. I love this restaurant because it does deliver great food each time. Please note, I have only frequented this restaurant for lunch while I am shopping in the area or have brought in out of town guests to see Rockefeller Center, however it is a solid recommendation from me.

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor and over priced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Really disappointed as recommended by hotel. Food was very bland and my chicken dish has slimy and poor quality meat. Potatoes were not cooked. Partners meal was OK but for the price disappointing. Left after one course even though this was a special occasion as couldn't bring myself to part with any more money to this place. Also restaurant was cold - more than one person was wearing scarf/jacket and looking really cold.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linnym2012
Frankfurt, Germany
“Five star pasta but not value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. They have managed to create a modern brasserie style restaurant that fits with the surroundings of the street yet maintain a uniquely Italian feel. The decor is stylish and well chosen.It could have been tacky but it is not. The service is excellent and exactly Italian. Not too much fuss and absolutely not American OTT. They leave you in peace to enjoy your meal. The golden cutlery to eat the signature is also a nice touch rather than being stilted.
Clientele is an interesting mix of snobbish displaying their wealth nouveaux riche and probably some filthy rich hiding among the commoners.

All in all a five star despite the heavy bill: one glass of wine and fettucine (signature dish) plus coffee set you back 45 dollars. Ouch. But maybe the rent is high in that area.

• Visited March 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“A place to skip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This Saturday, me and my family went to this restaurant for having lunch. There was no waiting line and we were seated quickly. While we were waiting for our orders to be taken, we could notice lipstick marks on a wine glass on an unoccuppied table next to ours, at the back of the restaurant.
When the drinks arrived, I was surprised by the smallest Coke bottles I´ve ever seen (I believe they were 6.5 oz bottles), because I'm used to see 12 oz bottles or cans.
Upon arriving the meals, I've asked for some Parmesan cheese. I regret to say that I had to chase a waiter for getting the cheese.
Even the best Fettucini Alfredo should deserve more care and attention to these details.

• Visited February 2013