“Bravo”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 5th and 6th avenue
Transit: B, D, f, V, stops at 47-50th street Rockefeller center, also the E, and the number and 6 at 51st and Lexington avenue.
Description: In it's Rockefeller Center location, Alfredo of Rome joins its award winning predecessors at Epcot Center in Walt Disney World and the original Alfredo of Rome where in 1914,the original fettuccine Alfredo was invented. New York's new 8000 square foot installment offers a contemporary twist on the classic Roman fare that made Alfredo a household name and, of course, the irresistible only original Fettuccine Alfredo. Celebrities and heads of state have made Alfredo's their home away from home. Alfredo N.Y. is no exception. What attracts them? May be it's the heralded authentic Italian cuisine. Or perhaps their often talked about wine list (winner of the Wine spectator award from 20001-2005.)Certainly the Hirschfield’s adorning the walls can't help but draw attention.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Can't beat the location in Mid-town Manhattan.

While the menu selection is somewhat limited if you compare to other restaurant in the area, the food preparation, presentation and quality is very good. The risotto with pesto and scallops was abundant and very tasty. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were worried about finding a good restaurant in the theatre district that wasn't touristy or expensive, along with the fact that we didn't have a reservation. We happened across Alfredo of Rome. The staff was friendly greeting us, seating us, and was very warm to us throughout. The waiter was outstanding and fun, making it quite an experience for us along with watching him with the other tables. The food was magnificent and very reasonable. The unique way they make the fettuccine alfredo was great for a pre-show meal. The wine list is very stout and the waiter did a good job suggesting one. Overall, we were realy happy we came across this place.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had dinner with a business associate there. She raved about the Fettuccine Alfredo and this was her 3rd time at the restaurant just to get it. I had the Bolognese sauce, also with the Fettuccine. Not the best that I've ever had, but pretty good. $20 wasn't outrageous for NYC, but not cheap either. I thought that it was more reasonable than the $28 paid for the Alfredo pasta. Dessert was pricey too, at $15, but to tell the truth, it was outstanding. Try the double chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream, you won't be sorry. The service was professional, but honestly, kind of slow. We were in when the restaurant wasn't super busy. We had a hard time getting our food ordered in a timely fashion - maybe because it we elected not to order any adult beverages...I also waited a while for the gentleman to deliver the bill and take my card. I tipped accordingly. Would I go back for the food? Yes I would. Would I hope for better service? Yes, that too.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Able to walk right in for late lunch. Alfredo’s is a warm cozy place with just enough space between you and the next table. Their halibut with lemon and caper sauce was to live for, wish I could have some now and every day until I get sick of it. Serving could have been larger, or maybe we are being typical American proportion distortionists. Restaurant has history: Hirschfield caricatures of Liz Taylor and Mr Burton in Cleopatra, photos of Danny Kaye, Sinatra, being fed spag by owner. I’m a sucker for that stuff.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having eaten here on our last trip, we decided to give it another try. Even though it was crowded and we didn't have reservations, we were seated quickly. The food was excellent, just as we had remembered it. I think we'll make this a regular stop.