“Excellent!”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Recently dined at this great and classic New York steak house, located in the heart of Manhattan, right across the street from Radio City Music Hall. My party of 4 was seated immediately with reservations at a great table upstairs, and the service was impeccable, immediate and attentive, but not rushed. The atmosphere is elegant New York, dark, spacious and comfortable. We started with cocktails and the Shellfish Plateau as an appetizer, with Alaskan King Crab legs, huge shrimps and oysters which were plentiful and delicious. The lobster bisque and crab cakes were seasoned delightfully and were also very, very good. For entrees we ordered the Prime Porterhouse and Prime Ribeye and Filet Mignon steaks that were all cooked and seasoned to perfection. I ordered my Porterhouse medium rare and it was cooked to absolute perfection, and could have been cut with a butter knife it was so tender. We ordered the sautéed mushrooms, spinach supreme, lobster macaroni and cheese, and potatoes au gratin as sides, that were all a great complement to the dishes, and did not disappoint us. Our server Victoria was attentive, friendly, personable, and knowledgeable of the menu and meat cuts, and she was a true delight, helping to make this a great and memorable dining experience. The prices are moderate to high as to be expected at most steak houses. A week later we received in the mail, a short handwritten note of thanks from our server, which was a nice and unexpected touch! Overall, I would say that this was one of the best steak house experiences that I have had anywhere, and that you can't go wrong if you're looking for a good steak and dining experience by going to Del Frisco's in New York.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant but very expensive”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The first restaurant I've eaten at anywhere in the world where I thought, "Jeez, there isn't a single bottle of wine on this wine list that is any way affordable for the average person." Ended up choosing the cheapest one anyway – a bottle of Rosé (and we'd have preferred just a red if they were not so extortionate) for $60.

If you are swimming in cash, the wine won't pose a problem but that said, it was a very enjoyable evening with great food, great atmosphere and friendly, efficient staff.

• Visited November 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Del Frisco...Del-icious!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate at this restaurant based on other reviews. I was nervous because I am hesitant to do things that are recommended by people I don't know, but this was one for the books! There wasn't a single bad thing on our table. The bread, the appetizers, the main course, the desserts....all excellent.

There were three in our party. We ordered the Crab Cake for an appetizer. It's really an appetizer for one. Not only because there is just one (good size) but because once you take a bite, you won't want to share. We also ordered a Filet Mignon (perfect!), the Scallops (perfect and large portion), and the Shrimp (delicious!). For the sides, we had the Lobster Mac and Cheese, and for the life of me I can't remember the other....I think the mashed potatoes? Both were amazing! The sides were perfectly proportioned for 3 to 4 people. For dessert we ordered a cheese cake and a chocolate cake. Both DIVINE!

I spilled my martini two drinks in. The wait staff were so very accomodating with cleaning/drying and the manager quickly came over and brought me another drink without charge. The entire experience was wonderful. Yes, for an everyday meal, it's expensive (for a small town Oklahoma girl) but well worth having a splurge day.

• Visited July 2014
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
“They NEVER disappoint!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I make it appoint to visit this establishment whenever I'm in the city. I've been visiting this place since 2004 and have never had anything but exceptional service, excellent quality food & a pleasurable experience!
Be sure to add this to your "places to visit" list when you come to Manhattan!

• Visited July 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Had to wait couple hours to get a table, but the wait was worth it

Excellent steak, very tasty and full of flavour, the sides were also very good mac cheese

Visited December 2013