“My favorite East Coast steakhouse”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 13,633 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Madrid, Spain
“My favorite East Coast steakhouse”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Constantly heaving with people around feeding time, this steakhouse is monumental on every level; the vast venue itself provides a larger-than-life grandiose setting, the portions extremely generous on all fronts, the steaks delicious and of top quality, and an extensive wine list to boot. Favorite starter is the crab cakes which are the best I've ever tasted anywhere, and the fact I am fortunate enough to have travelled extensively around the world, that is saying something. Favorite dessert is the NY cheesecake with butterscotch sauce but that is just one of many other tasty options. Every time I've visited the waitstaff have been attentive, informed and provided warm, personal attention despite having to juggle numerous tables which they do seamlessly. Very professional. For steak lovers you cannot go wrong with this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
North Aurora, Illinois
“From screwed up reservation to great dinner!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We arrived 10 minutes prior to our reservation and the hostess told us our reservation was for a week later! She would try to get us in but they were booked til 10 pm. Go sit at the bar.
Not 5minutes later, another hostess came to seat us. Second floor along the balcony rail.Gorgeous setting.
Great wine list including Oregon Pinot Noirs- domaine serene evanstad reserve was our choice.
Dinner- a couple bone on filets! Awesome. Dessert- vannila ice cream drowned in kahlua.
Our server from Iowa, Yolanda, had perfect table side manners- she was a pro!
Very nice new York dinner experience.

• Visited December 2013
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,214 helpful votes
“I would go back!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I really don't understand people posting prices on their reviews, only shows that you don't get out that often and you think few dollars out of your typical meals make it better?? You can't rate food by their price, I know this for experience, so keep in mind my ratings are only on the food and the service, which both were met the night I came in. Easy to make reservations, not waiting when I arrived and our waitress was very attentive but not intrusive, I didn't run out of wine or water, my steak was cooked as I ordered and the sides were enough for 2, everything went well, I just hope next time they do have the bacon for appetizer! Good food, not that amazing but worth the money which is not over price or crazy expensive like most people think, the way I see it, if you can't afford it, why go in the first place?

12 Thank MONTYHADES
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Ver good but overpriced”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good steaks and nice wine
Most undercooked a little bit.
Taste was good on the steaks.
Will still take Morton's as I find Delfriscos
Very over priced.
Beautiful decor and great vicinity .

• Visited November 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

While in New York give Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House a try. Cooked to perfection and exceeded my expectations. Everything is done right. Great food and superb service.

• Visited January 2013