“Best steak I've ever had”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We did a boatload of research on which steak restaurant to go to while in New York, since we only had time for one and wanted to make it count. Well, thanks goes out to all my previous reviewers for helping me choose Del Frisco Double Eagle.

The filet mignon was the best piece of meat I've had the pleasure to eat, and I've eaten at Ruth's Chris, Shula's, and several other top notch steakhouses. None of them equalled Del Frisco's.

We were at first sat in a side section of the restaurant where we felt a little separated from the ambience of the main room, but when we requested a table move they moved us immediately to one of the best tables there with no fuss.

The ambience was great, the service was prompt, and the price - compared to its contemporaries - was right in line. Despite wanting to try several other NYC steakhouses, I'd be hard pressed not to go back to Del Frisco's Double Eagle next time I go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hands down, this is THE place to go for a good steak. The portions are generous and the steaks are top notch! Pair them with the amazing onion rings and you can't go wrong!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Steak restaurants don't get better than this. The filet mignon is so tender you barely need a knife. Their bearnaise sauce is fantastic and elevates the steak to yet another level. The menu is a-la carte with generous portioned sides that can each be easily shared by three adults. The bread basket is nothing special so we skipped it to save room for desert which again was generously sized and great for sharing. There is a large bar which adds to the buzz of the room and the wait staff were all very attentive and knowledgeable. The wine list is impressive and can suit all budgets, interestingly all four sommeliers employed here are women. It's unusual to have one let alone four. Her recommendation to us was excellent and she stayed just under our desired price point something more sommeliers should do. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone with young children.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love meet and tried a lot of good steaks, but the one in Del Frisco's was definitely the best. The service was also very good, our waiter was cheerful and advised some nice places to visit in NY.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pricey, but worth it. Great service and really good steaks. I liked the three filet mignon medallions with three different sauces....For dessert - try the rum sundae.