“Great Service, great meal!”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Stony Point, New York
“Great Service, great meal!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've been to Del Frisco's before on numerous occasions and we keep going back for the consistently good food and good service. Last night we went for a double birthday celebration with another couple. Our waiter, Peter showed his great personality from the beginning and we knew right away, service was going to be wonderful. I was confused by the large, alphabetized wine list, when the sommelier showed. We told her we wanted a smooth reasonable red... Sure enough the $50! Bottle of Cabernet was excellent! Exceeded my expectations! We had crabcakes, calamari, and tuna tartare for applies...the calamari was the table favorite! We all had rib eyes, which were excellent. Maybe not the best I ever had but excellent. The sides at Del Frisco's are my favorite. Crab gnocchi are the best! Creamed spinach delicious and lobster Mac and cheese, awesome! Peter gave us chocolate layer cake and bread pudding on the house for our birthdays. Very thoughtful....overall an outstanding dinner!

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Hilliard, Ohio
“Never Disappointing”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant many many times when I've visited NY on business. It never disappoints. Usually I get a filet, and it is always prepared precisely as requested. Their scalloped potatoes are awesome, but my absolute favorite side is the sweet potatoes, which haven't been on the menu the last couple of times, but have been a part of the specials. Their pineapple martini is a favorite, as well. On my last visit, I decided to switch it up and ordered the scallops. Fantastic! The only critical comment I can come up with is that this restaurant is loud. Many of the restaurants I've been to in NYC seem to be loud though. I will certainly be back. Hopefully many many more times!

Nottingham
“Great food but pricey”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is one of those places that when you enter, you fell special. It is well situated jut across fro the Rockerfeller Centre. It was heaving with people. Primarily businesspeople but also families and a few couples. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the shrimp and linguine and it was also excellent. We did have a crabcake starter and a cocktail each and the bill was close to $180, so expensive. It was also very busy so you got the feel that you were not expected to have the table for the whole evening. The service was efficient but perhaps a little too effusive and almost too warm and friendly. If you intend to go, book and ask for a table by the window

South Milwaukee, WI
“Special Place for a Special Night”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On our visit to NYC to celebrate a special anniversary we decided to shoot the moon at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House. We made reservations through Open Table and were only able to get a time early in the evening. Due to some rain and some unforgiving traffic we arrived about 15 minutes late but were greeted very nicely by the hostess. She acknowledged our anniversary and allowed us to pick the location we wanted to dine. We chose the second floor which is very nice and when we got there was fairly empty. By the time we left there wasn't a table to be had.
Our waitress was Katrina and she did a super job. She also recognized our anniversary. Very nice. For dinner I had the Seafood Soup and Crab cakes. Both were outstanding. My wife had the filet and we shared the au gratin potatoes. Dessert was Chocolate Souffle again to share. Put it all together with wine and drink and it was the perfect evening. We would run through the next egg pretty quickly if this was a weekly event, but on this night the experience was priceless.

• Visited June 2013
erie
“Del Frisco's NYC”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We always make it a point to eat ONCE during our stay in NYC every trip. That should say a lot for this restaurant. We love it. Ask for the Prefixe menue which is crazy good and gives you the option for a entrée, starter and dessert! It was $45 for all of this - but you have to ask about the menu AND make sure that you are seated before 6 pm. You cannot eat all of it - they give you WAY too much. The manager always seems to make it around to every table AND he makes you feel very special - hands us a card each time and encourages us to call him or stop in and see them the next time we are in town. If you try it just once you will feel the exact same way!