“Great food but pricey”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is one of those places that when you enter, you fell special. It is well situated jut across fro the Rockerfeller Centre. It was heaving with people. Primarily businesspeople but also families and a few couples. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the shrimp and linguine and it was also excellent. We did have a crabcake starter and a cocktail each and the bill was close to $180, so expensive. It was also very busy so you got the feel that you were not expected to have the table for the whole evening. The service was efficient but perhaps a little too effusive and almost too warm and friendly. If you intend to go, book and ask for a table by the window

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On our visit to NYC to celebrate a special anniversary we decided to shoot the moon at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House. We made reservations through Open Table and were only able to get a time early in the evening. Due to some rain and some unforgiving traffic we arrived about 15 minutes late but were greeted very nicely by the hostess. She acknowledged our anniversary and allowed us to pick the location we wanted to dine. We chose the second floor which is very nice and when we got there was fairly empty. By the time we left there wasn't a table to be had.
Our waitress was Katrina and she did a super job. She also recognized our anniversary. Very nice. For dinner I had the Seafood Soup and Crab cakes. Both were outstanding. My wife had the filet and we shared the au gratin potatoes. Dessert was Chocolate Souffle again to share. Put it all together with wine and drink and it was the perfect evening. We would run through the next egg pretty quickly if this was a weekly event, but on this night the experience was priceless.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We always make it a point to eat ONCE during our stay in NYC every trip. That should say a lot for this restaurant. We love it. Ask for the Prefixe menue which is crazy good and gives you the option for a entrée, starter and dessert! It was $45 for all of this - but you have to ask about the menu AND make sure that you are seated before 6 pm. You cannot eat all of it - they give you WAY too much. The manager always seems to make it around to every table AND he makes you feel very special - hands us a card each time and encourages us to call him or stop in and see them the next time we are in town. If you try it just once you will feel the exact same way!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked a relaxing Saturday night dinner for two. This was our first visit. The setting is very impressive with rich woodwork and large floor to ceiling windows overlooking Sixth Avenue. Powered shades lower at the appropriate time to prevent the sun's reflection blinding those facing the windows. Our waiter, Paul, was totally professional, yet wonderfully personable. He stated that it was his goal that we have an outstanding dining experience.

A round of excellent cocktails began the evening, followed by a selection of a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon from their very extensive wine list. We had shrimp and a non-traditional "crab cake" appetizer. The crab was outstanding. For the entree in a famous steak house, we chose....steak. My wife chose the prime rib eye, I chose the prime New York Strip. Her rib eye was tasty and tender. From the moment I put a knife to my strip, I knew there was a problem. It was Tough, with a capital T. Although tasty, it chewed as badly as it cut. I tried several cuts and several pieces, same result. The problem was reported to Paul, who said he would make it right. While I continued dining on the family sized side dishes, my wife ate her meal. A manager, Chris, came to the table and apologized, saying that dessert was on him. Several minutes later, Chris delivered a new strip to the table, asking that I check it. Cutting it through the center, it was well undercooked. Chris whisked it away. A fair number of minutes later another (uncut) steak arrived via Chris. This one was perfect, tender and tasty. My wife was already finished as I devoured my steak and some remaining sides. Fresh, hot side dishes were offered but we declined as we already had too much food. We enjoyed our dinner, although not quite in synchronicity.

The attention and I believe genuine concern demonstrated by Paul and Chris kept this an enjoyable evening despite a bad piece of meat. Paul in particular is one of the best wait persons it has been my pleasure to experience. Naturally some "comps" were offered and accepted, but the greater point is that the level of service did keep Paul's promise of an outstanding dining experience; one which we will not forget.

1  Thank deisenstein
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The service is phenomenal.....staff really friendly and professional….the steaks are worth every penny.
My family and I ate there twice during our four day stay and not a single complaint.