“Nothing much to say - Just go there”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 13,936 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Seriously, there is not a lot to say other than just go and eat there. I spend a lot of time in NY and have eaten in many of the well known restaurants. Del Frisco's offers everything you want. Excellent food, Excellent service and good time... dont miss on the Banana Pudding for desert and follow the waitress recommendations as they are pro's

There are newer reviews for Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House

Reviewed May 1, 2013

After a Long day shopping we have been looking for a nice steakhouse in upper Manhattan. We ordered a salad to start with and had as a main course an 8 oz and 12 oz filet mignon. The meat was grilled to the point and we really liked it. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Argentinean Malbec and the enjoyed at the end a nice sorbet ice cream.

Near the Rockefeller Center, walking distance from several underground stations.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been here 4 times and are never disappointed. Try the bone-in Ribeye and bone-in Filet. Bring a lot of money though, this place is not cheap!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just a quality place from food to ambiance to service. With prices to match. 4 1/2 stars

Located caddy corner from Radio City Music Hall, Del Frisco's offers a sweeping view of 6th Ave, with a two tier layout and enormous bay windows. The bar is warm and inviting, as was our bartender. The beer selection is better than average for a steakhouse, and the wine list is extensive. A few house special cocktails offering some fresh original ideas as well as a twists or two on some classics.

We were two couples seated in a cozy wrap around booth. Our server was outstanding. Good humored, well spoken and exceptionally helpful without being intrusive. Even the manager stopped by a few times and he was a character as well. Everything was well explained. The operation ran like clockwork.

The food was all exceptional. I have a pretty high standard when it comes to a crab cake--this place is doing it right. Just delicious with a tasty sauce that I'd describe as a lobster cream.
The bone-in rib-eye was just a very good quality steak, perfectly seasoned and cooked right on the money to order. The filet cut like butter and was flavorful and tender. Of the several side orders my personal fave was the sweet potato mash with brown sugar. Not too sweet and silky smooth, the first bite gave me flashbacks to Thanksgiving dinner.

The pacing of the meal was spot on. The apps arrived relatively quickly, with ample time for plate clearing, and time to allow the food to settle. The mains arrive when you are ready, and the servers request that you cut into your steaks to ensure that everything is satisfactory, otherwise they'll rectify it immediately. The attentive servers always seem ready for a drink order, and all beverages arrived promptly.

We opted for the banana bread pudding with vanilla icing for the table. Honestly, while I didn't have the room, I felt that were I alone I may have crammed down an entire order--it was that good. As it is, I left uncomfortably full yet deliciously satisfied.

I'm already excited for a return visit.

1  Thank hitmanoo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent restaurant can be crowed on the weekends. Overall, one of my favorite steak houses in NYC.

1  Thank Miriam R