“One of the Best Steaks in Town”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 13,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
New York, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best Steaks in Town”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unlike some of the old stalwarts of steak houses in NYC, Del Frisco's combines great service, with an updated, airy, fun environment. Sure, they still take steak (and themselves) pretty seriously, but you here (unlike some of the others), you don't feel like you're eating your dad's ribeye. The sides are amazing and though you'll drop a pretty penny, you'll have a beef smile in return. Great location and yummy experience. Mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Albany, New York
“Strip Steak Heaven”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Never been here before. I can't tell you anything but my experience. We went early, very early for NYC for dinner. Arrived at 5:30 to take our time and still get to a show by 8:00. I was happy to see it was very busy. I had been concerned that at 5:30 the staff would still be getting ready for dinner and it would be uncomfortable. Not the case, they already had a wait. Def have reservations. We sat on the first floor in the front corner at a round table for 6 and it was a great seat! Kenny was our server and he was clearly a pro, no hiccups at all. We each got a drink, two bottles of red, our table got three sides to share but we could have done 4 if we wanted. They are family style. I got a strip, hands down the best strip steak I have eaten to date so did my wife. Others at the table got bone in ribeye, salmon, shrimp scampi, and lamp chops. We were all very very quiet while we ate and talked about how good it all was for hours. This place was fun to eat at, bright and vibrant but not too loud. The steak was just so good, I don't know how to explain it. Just get the strip, it is the best cut anyhow. Filet meh, no flavor, go with the strip and you will be very very pleased. It was cooked perfect, med rare. A lot of places will tell you they sell prime cuts, this place actually does and you can taste the difference on the first bite. Sadly no room or time for dessert but I have no doubt they are good. Coincidentally I also had the best caesar dressing here too, a pleasant bonus I didn't expect. It was made the right way, with raw egg.

istanbul
“get worse every month”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

this was one of the best steakhouse in Manhattan . seems to gether many crowds but
food and service gets worse , I still like the onion rings and the bread but wine list is very expensive , service is lousy and please do not try to eat cheese cake !!

2 Thank Vedat A
“Wonderful food, wonderful location, over the top waiting staff”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I chose th business lunch menu which consisted of choice of salad for starters (I chose ceasar salad), a fillet minion or salmon steak for main (fillet minion yum) and chocolate mouse or a choice of cheesecake for desert (I chose butterscotch cheesecake rurally). The Chablis was delicious also. The food was amazing. The view is equally amazing and I also considered it a reasonable price.
A few pointers...
The cheesecake was as large as a skyscraper and sickly synthetically sweet. I tried th chocolate mouse and it was 100% a better choice.
The bar staff and the people who showed us to out table we're conscientious and professional.
The waiting staff totally t this place down. Both male and female waiting staff asked every five minutes if we were happy with our meal. The explanation regarding out waitresses favourites on the menu and explanation of the specials went on f o r e v e r, I kid you not. I started to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed also had forgotten what she had said were the specials at the beginning as there was so much to take in, especially that what it seemed that all of the expensive items were her "personal favourite". I thought that all waiting staff in NYC were wannabe actors was a myth; clearly not as this experience was overboard and vey theatrical in an annoying way!
Finally, could the female staff's skirts be any shorter???
isound negtive, however the overall experience was not. If they toned down on the winey neverending hovering waiting staff itwould be a perfect venue. In summary, great place, great food, tell the waiting staff to take a hike if you know what you want! Enjoy :)

lebanon
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food was great, the service was great, the dessert was fantastic. The visit would have been prefect if it hadn't been for the table of 8, who obviously hadn't eaten anywhere but Popeye's chicken in Da Hood, and talked LOUDER than the entire restaurant.

The staff is incredible. The service is impeccable. The management is amazing. Best service I have EVER had.

Visited July 2012