“I don't understand the hype”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: West 49th Street
Transit: B, D, F & V trains to 47th Street/Rockefeller Center, N, R & W trains to 49th Street.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They pour a ton of salt and butter on all of their steaks. The cut that they call filet mignon always has fat on it and they rarely cook the steaks properly. Plus the prices are astronomical.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my trip to NYC, my husband and I had dinner here for his birthday. The restaurant is a bit loud, but has a great vibe. The location was easy to find, and has nice large glass walls that look out to a courtyard. I ordered a filet special which was fantastic! It was three small filets with different sauces. My husband had a porterhouse. He said it was the best steak he'd ever had. For sides we got the crab meat gnocchi, and the creamed spinach with bacon in it. The gnochhi was REAL GOOD!!! It was hard to pick a dessert, but we went with the banana bread and ice cream. It was delicious!! Service was good, but not great. Our poor server seemed to have a lot of tables, and always seemed rush. Since it was my husbands birthday, the dessert was on the house, which was a nice gesture. Overall, it was an awesome experience!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was not my choice of restaurant but I was paying the bill so I took note of the service and menu. There is a lengthy and pretty much meaningless prologue provided by the server at inception that leaves the diner wishing he could have taken notes. The noise level is such that most of the oration is lost, leaving guests to chat amongst themselves while the server drones on. The wine list was decent though choices of drinkable bottles below the $100 price point were limited. The service was nicely paced but with a used car salesman quality. In the end, it's a steakhouse that holds true to its origins a few decades back. The food quality was high and if you like large if not enormous pieces of beef and are willing to listen to the shtick, this place is for you.

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A superb steakhouse in a premium location in New Yrok City. A remarkable and memorable experience. The atmosphere is top notch with a fantastic view of 6th Avenue in NYC. The waiter was more than knowledgable and entertaining; though he pushed too much for the more expensive meals--and everything is expensive. The waiter is assisted by others, bringing you drinks, filling your water glass, etc. The ribeye was prefect...cooked to order, served hot, flavorful, and BIG. The wine selection is vast. After dinner I selected a drink from a long menu of single malt scotch. I noticed a cigar lounge upstairs with seating and tables for dinner--a plus in my book. Be prepared to pay more, but you get a great meal.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here recently for his birthday. Even though we live in New York we'd never eaten here before. Its kind of a touristy place - none of the other patrons were from New York - but still a good time. The food was amazing. Easily one of the best steaks I've ever had. The service was perfect from beginning to end. My wind glass broke near the end of the meal and they were more than apologetic and quickly brought me a new glass for no charge.

Considering how much we ate and drank the price was what we expected, but we're also from New York. I could see ppl not from here having a bit of sticker-shock.

The atmosphere is really nice as well - lots of windows overlooking New York. I'd def recommend to out of towners (and in-towners!!)