“Wonderful NY Pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Sal and Carmine's Pizza is so very delicious! The mozzarella has a taste like no other. I always get mine with extra cheese so I can get plenty of the freshly made mozzarella. It is slightly salty which blends perfectly with the slightly tangy sauce. The crust is slightly chewy with just enough crust. Can't visit NYC without a visit to Sal and Carmines for a slice or two! BTW, its cash only, so visit the ATM before you go.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

great pizza by the slice. not too overdone, basic choices but very very tasty.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I suspect it's largely nostalgia. The pizza is SALTY--not just a little, but enough that you feel like you've been at a salt lick. It's very near to my apartment, and I would love to believe the hype about this being one of the best pizzas in town, but... bleh!

Maybe they focus their energy on the slice. We've ordered a whole pie twice, and both times we've basically thrown it out as inedible.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Given the many choices of excellent pizza, I always find that I end up at Sal and Carmines when cravings strike. The work the dough the old-fashioned way and let it rise for a long time in wooden drawers. I find their sauce to be well-balanced but will readily admit that some people think it is a bit too salty - probably why I like it so much. There is no one flavor that is overpowering - which I find important. The dough is crisp, thin, and perfect.

For me, this is the best pizza around.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Can't believe we traveled so far uptown for a slice of salty cheese on cardboard. Friend from Cali texted his buddy to say "NY pizza, all hype" (and we all know avocado and microgreens are not pizza toppings!) Gotta represent the east coast so I'm still in pursuit of a good slice of NY pizza (just too many other food options), otherwise New Haven pizza is still tops!