“excellent dessert place”

Ranked #124 of 468 Dessert in New York City
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed December 2, 2013

unlike the typical dessert bar, the chef here is just very creative and flavors are very clean. a very small place and the service is friendly. the offerings are limited but light and flavorful. not to mention attention to details.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

They only have desserts on the menu and they are the best desserts. A must visit to eat, when in NYC. a tiny hip cool dessert bar.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been waiting for 3 years to visit NYC and ChikaLicious and it did not disapoint!
We arrived at 7:00 on a Friday night, and it was raining slightly. We sat right at the bar in front of Chika (the owner). Her husband served us with a smile and his bow tie.
Yes, the place is small, but that helps it feel more intimate and like you have your own personal pastry chef working just for you.
Chika started us off with a panna cotta and grapefruit sorbet amuse. The flavours were good on their own, but put them together and the flavours exploded in your mouth.
For the "main", the one dessert you pick, I picked the Fromage Blanc Island "Cheese Cake" It was melt in your mouth delish! My daughter had the warm chocolate tart with red wine sauce and pink peppercorn ice cream. I wish I could have purchased a tub of the ice cream to take home (but they don't sell it)
The petite fours Chika picked for us consisted of a homemade mashmellow covered in coconut, a lemon poppyseed shortbread cookie and a chocolate run cookie dough ball!!!
The cost is $16 for the pre-fix menu, plus drink. They do have recommended wines to go with the desserts for $8.00, but I had a lovely pot of tea.
It was a wonderful experience.
I give Chika an A+++ for creating such a unique experience!!
We will be back!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

every dessert is a jewel, lovely plated,an amazing attention for detailes,hardworking staff,you are made to feel special through the entier stay!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Been here a couple times and I love sitting at the bar. You get to see their work and their meticulousness in plating. Service is slow because they assemble each dessert to order. Just be patient and you'll have a great time.

I've tried their:
Lemongrass Panna Cotta with Basil Sorbet and Mango Salad in Sweet Basil Seed
Kiwi marinated in Lavender with Coconut Sorbet
Roasted Banana Ice Cream with Expresso Granita and Almond Cake
Warm Chocolate Tart

According to the chef, they do change their menu daily but not the entire menu. I've noticed the Warm Chocolate Tart on their multiple times. The Rhubarb is only served 3 weeks out of the year according to her.

All their desserts are good. Small portion in relation to the cost. It's an excellent dining experience.

I'll just comment a little on the things I've tried. Never thought that lemongrass would have a roll in dessert, but she definitely made it work and I loved the dish. My 2 most favorite dishes are the Mango-Pineapple tartare and Lemongrass Panna Cotta. I would definitely recommend this place and would come back again and again. All her banana dishes are excellent. The rhubarb was alright. It does take a lot of prep work for how they want the rhubarb to be but I think it's still lacking. They do a good job in toning down the sourness but then it lacks flavor and tastes kind of bland. The ingredient itself could not stand on its own in their dishes. They should blend it more into the dessert instead of serving it as an entire piece. The lavender dish has tons of flavor and you can taste the lavender, I thought it was going to be very mild, most places are. Same is true for the jasmine.

Overall, go and enjoy!