“Not my thing”

Neighborhood: West Village
West Hempstead, New York
“Not my thing”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our cupcake tour stopped at Magnolia Bakery, so I can only review the cupcake I had. I cannot vouch for the interior (since it was jam-packed, our tour guide went in and got us our cupcakes) nor can I vouch for the service.

I can say that I would not have waited in the line that wrapped around the block to have the cupcake I had.

We received a red velvet cupcake (full-size). The frosting was like a whipped cream, not cream cheese by any stretch of the imagination. The cake left my teeth and tongue completely red. It looked like vanilla cake with a teaspoon of red food coloring. Although the texture was good, I couldn't even eat it. It looked like I bit my lip and had blood in my mouth.

Not for me. But try it for yourself, perhaps you'll enjoy it!

• Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
East Haven, Connecticut
“Great cupcakes”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The first time I tried a Magnolia cupcake was on the Sex and the City tour many years ago. It was delicious. Since then, I frequently stop at Magnolia when I'm in the city. Baked goods are always fresh and staff is personable.

• Visited December 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Definition of deliciousness: Banana Pudding”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have been hearing about banana pudding since ages (Thanks to SATC:)). Although I was full and had no space in my stomach for a single bite, I did not want to lose the chance to taste the banana pudding when in the neighborhood of Magnolia Bakery. I was quite sure that I would only taste the pudding, one bite would be enough. One followed by two, then the next one, then the other… Oh my god! It was perfect! So creamy, so soft, so fresh with bananas! It deserves all the good reputation. I am looking forward to the next time!

• Visited March 2014
Washington Sate
“Crowded caos worth it for the yummy Lemon Cake”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Visited the East 42nd location one late afternoon. We were trekking back to the Waldorf after a day of tourist things in the freezing cold weather, Popped in the Magnolia Bakery and it was warm, steamy and crowded with locals. We decided on a 'slab' of lemon cake, 2 forks and a chocolate milk. we hustled back to the room on our tired and cold feet, cuddled up under the comforter and dug into our treat. It was a light lemon flavor but the heavy cake texture of your Grandmothers made from scratch recipe and the frosting was generous but not overly sweet. We ate every crumb and wished we would have gone back another day to try another goodie. Maybe on our next trip we will do just that.

• Visited March 2014
Bristol
“Tasty treats”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Tried the cupcakes....they were delicious, but the unexpected surprise was the banana pudding.....out of this world!!!! I bought the most recent cookbook which has the recipe in there, which I will definitely try if I can find all the ingredients in the UK! Worth a visit.....oh, and the Sex and the City link still impresses me!

• Visited April 2014