“Worth it!!”

Ranked #86 of 870 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I noticed no one could stay there longer than 30 minutes. Considering this, the experience may be expensive at $25-75 per person depending on options you choose. However, it was really a cool experience having a drink in ice cup and sitting on ice chair. Go there and enjoy the experience!!

There are newer reviews for Minus 5 Ice Bar New York NY

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had fun. Great experience. Thought the drink menu was very limited and expensive at that. Once you spend 20 minutes in there Your kind of ready to go..But I'm happy I did it.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had a visit to the Ice Bar. Is rather small and made enitrely of ice including the glasses. Its realy just a novelty factor if you visit. Got a few good photos only stayed in about 20 mins as nothing else to do but drink in the cold !!! Another thing to say we did in New York... the VIP package is expensive for what it is and you get to keep the trapper hat (which you will NEVER wear) hahaha but as a fun factor worth a visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to Minus 5 , Second week in Jan. It was 22 degrees outside and 23 inside! It was smaller than we expected, but so much fun. Very cold, we wore the coats we had on as it was winter, instead of using their coats. There is a photographer inside, but we took our own pictures. Lots of them ! We only lasted about 30 minutes or so. 35.00 in total for entrance fee and one drink.It was quite the experience, one I would suggest to try once. I probably wouldn't do it again, but really glad we tried it. It was a unique experience. I would recommend it to a friend, if you have 30 or so minutes to kill.

3  Thank happytravlerR_i_
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Waste of money. Looks like a decorated freezer. Boring! We left after 10 mins. There is a charge for the use of their filthy coats. $75 for the dirty white "mink." So disappointing!