“Fun photo op !”

Ranked #176 of 878 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to Minus 5 , Second week in Jan. It was 22 degrees outside and 23 inside! It was smaller than we expected, but so much fun. Very cold, we wore the coats we had on as it was winter, instead of using their coats. There is a photographer inside, but we took our own pictures. Lots of them ! We only lasted about 30 minutes or so. 35.00 in total for entrance fee and one drink.It was quite the experience, one I would suggest to try once. I probably wouldn't do it again, but really glad we tried it. It was a unique experience. I would recommend it to a friend, if you have 30 or so minutes to kill.

3  Thank happytravlerR_i_
in 8 reviews
"prints"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Waste of money. Looks like a decorated freezer. Boring! We left after 10 mins. There is a charge for the use of their filthy coats. $75 for the dirty white "mink." So disappointing!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited this Bar during Christmas Holiday and Loved it. The whole Ice Theme was fun and "Freezing". The inside had separate small rooms with ice benches covered with Furs to sit on. There were Ice Nutcrackers, Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause to put your face in and get a picture. The Bar itself was made of ice and all drinks served in an Ice Glass. They had a nice selection of Cocktails, mostly vodka. They provide you with a parka and gloves, but we had our own since it was also cold in NYC. You have a $20 entrée fee and if you want to upgrade your jacket and gloves to fur, they have an additional charge for that. It was a lot of fun and a definite
experience in NYC.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

5 of us went in on a Friday around 6pm, so it wasn't crowded. Crowds might make this a poor experience. fun music, different setting, good for photo ops, just something different. drink out of glass made of ice. Have a Fireball while there! you can bring kids before 6pm. not inexpensive, and really only good for less than an hour...

See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Over the Christmas holiday, I visited the Minus 5 Ice Bar in NYC with friends. We really didn't know what to expect, but we knew we wanted to experience it. It was actually warmer outside than in the bar! About 23 degrees, it was cold. No worries, the package you choose provides a coat and gloves which we put over our own coats and gloves. It was a lot smaller than I imagined but still cute. Everything, including the glasses we drank out of was made of ice. Lot's of music but you are so bundled up, you can't dance! We lasted an hour and had fun talking with others, taking pictures and drinking of course. The drinks are VERY expensive but you must try at least one. My favorite was made with Three Olives Cake Vodka and what I think was COCO Lopez or something like that. It was like a frozen pina colada without the pineapple juice. Yummy. The staff was great and didn't mind explaining things or allowing you to step into the lobby to warm up. I think it's a place you must visit once and if you had out of town guests it would be a unique place to take them. The nice thing is when you exit, you are right in the city, you can take a little walk and see the Christmas lights and Rockafeller Center, etc. A must do and as always, as a travel agent, I'd recommend to my clients!