Review Highlights

from $34.00
from $26.00
from $57.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was by far one of the best plays we have visit in recent years! Ms Tyson just continues to shine with the most outstanding performances year after year. The play help you see how we must stop to remember how the past can shape and mold us, respect our elderly and be grateful for what we have, not what we don't. The entire cast was fabulous. So glad we pick this play on our visit to New York!

1  Thank Hilton and Dorn... K
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ms. Tyson mesmerized us with her performance. There were moments when the audience dared not breath. The entire cast was outstanding and the experience one that I will long remember.

1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I saw the play this evening and thought the actors and actresses did an outstanding job. Cicely tyson was superb and performed throughout the play. Vanessa Williams did well also. If you are in new york city before the 9th I recommend seeing this play. Great story line.

1  Thank andreaplace49022
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A heartwarming tale of embracing growing old. Loved Cicely Tyson-she was amazing. Purchased tickets at the TCKTS booth for 40% off. A great deal.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you want to see this compelling play, you may want to spring for the higher-priced seats in front. For one thing, you have to listen very carefully, especially to hear Cicely's voice. I chose the $51 mezzanine seats. In spite of a very specific and clear announcement before the play, I was amazed at the ongoing candy wrapping, plastic bottle popping, and worst of all, cellphone light and tones. A woman in my aisle apparently needed to check her eMail for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd act. The ushers did a good job of stopping this behavior throughout Act 1, but were nowhere to be seen in Act 2. It pretty much ruined our appreciation of this play.

1  Thank 50207Ann
Reviewed September 6, 2013

With a cast that stars Cicely Tyson, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Vanessa Williams, this play was sure to be a winner. I had high expectations and wasn't disappointed. My husband who isn't much of a theater enthusiast just came along to keep me company. He was amazed when it was time for intermission. He was so wrapped up in the story that he couldn't believe an hour had passed! It is hard to describe how very entertaining and enthralling this play is. The set design is magnificent. We enjoyed every minute and every role was perfectly executed. Bravo!!!!

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This play was a nice change of pace after seeing so many musicals over the years. The cast is star studded with Cicely Tyson, Vanessa Williams and Cuba Gooding, Jr. The story is heartwarming and the entire cast was outstanding. We even learned that Colin Powell's daughter has a small role. But the star was without a doubt - Cicely Tyson. My wife and I were fortunate enough to sit in the second row and, boy, was that a treat. We got to see Ms Tyson up close and were not disappointed. She is an amazing actress who put on the best live performance I have ever seen. She truly deserved her Tony award! See her before she leaves Broadway.

2  Thank TravelerJohn48
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Really enjoyed the whole play. The acting, props were done well.
Nice theater and staff. It was a very well rounded play to see.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Cicely Tyson is pure gold. She commanded the stage from start to finish. My wife and I can truly say, we had the honor to see this great artist performing on stage. Thank You, Ms. Tyson for such a wonderful performance. Vanassa Williams is one of the most beautiful woman around. I'm sorry I missed her in her other broadway plays, but it was truly a pleasure to see her in this one. She was very good, as well, in her role. Unfortunately, Cuba Gooding, Jr. was not in the performance I went to, but his understudy Leon Addison Brown, filled in very well. It's a limited run play, but well worth The Trip To Bountiful.

1  Thank trainstar5
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was a good play featuring Cicely Tyson & Vanessa Williams. They were both very good - bit Cicely rocked it! The set was also very good. The volume could have been a bit louder as I struggled to hear some of the dialogue, but it was an honor to see Ms. Tyson perform.