“As Always - Wonderful”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 13,678 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Baltimore, Maryland
“As Always - Wonderful”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was probably my 10th meal that I've eaten at a Nobu, but the first time I was able to get into the main New York location. Using my Amex Platinum Concierge, I was able to get a last minute reservation on a Saturday night. Great food and service. My only negative was that the space was looking a little aged and dated compared to some of the newer Nobu locations. They need to give the space a little tlc.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Exceeds expectations”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Liked everything ... service, food, food guidance, atmosphere ... not a single thing out of place! Reservation honored ... staff very tuned in to patrons ... when to stop at table ... when to leave you alone ...

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Satisfying, Unique, and Reputable”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've been to Nobu three times in the past year, and it seems that each time I go, I leave less and less satisfied. If you like Japanese fusion cuisine and fine dining, Nobu is a great choice. Just keep in mind that it is pricey to eat here and depending on when you go, it might be obnoxiously loud due to the tables literally being inches away from each other. The food is still divine as always, but it seems the service has been a bit lacking. It all depends on who serves you, I suppose, and the business of the restaurant as a whole.

My first server had a wonderful personality, no complaints. Warm, friendly, and helpful. I had a not so personable server my second visit (she gave us cold, calculative stares and even at one point told us that we weren't allowed to order as much as we did, reaching for the menus in our hands), yet she was the most professional and capable one I've had thus far. She remembered the small details I brought up, as I mentioned it was my birthday just once. For dessert, I was presented with my bento box with a beautiful piece of chocolate bark with "Happy Birthday" elegantly written in cursive and a lit candle in my green tea ice cream. My third visit, the server didn't seem to speak English fluently and didn't explain the menu clearly to us. It took about half an hour for dessert to show up after ordering, which was a bit disappointing, as I was on a time sensitive schedule.

However, looking past the service flaws, (it might just be a personal issue, as I am sure everyone has different experiences with servers), Nobu still retains the nearly spotless reputation it began with. The decor is beautiful, even if the seating in the back is a bit too dark for my likings. The food is unique, you won't find the flavors anywhere else. The presentation of food is always nothing short of perfect. I do recommend you try Nobu at least once, or go to Nobu 57 if the location is more convenient. There's nothing wrong with indulging in good food.

• Visited June 2013
“Very expensive”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you hungry don't go there . Very over price . Their portion is not enough to full a 3 year old baby.

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Unique”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nobu is a wonderful restaurant that thrives on the rising socialites that like to be seen. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. It was quite pricey, however the experience was great. I would go there once every few months. It is a place that must be tried at least once.

• Visited September 2012