“Nobu, New York...Dissapointing”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We frequent Nobu in Los Angeles, and are partial to the West Hollywood location. The fish is always fresh and taste always pops at Nobu. The New York location was a dissapointment. The fish was ranged from OK to flavorless. I would not rush back.

There are newer reviews for Nobu

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were so excited to go to eat at the original Nobu, having eaten at fantastic Nobu restaurants in Uk and Australia. What a shock - despite having booked a month in advance they put us in a substandard room (the walk off the street part of the restaurant that was practically empty). Then we were given a bare wobbly table, handed throwaway chopsticks and stained paper menu. Then we were charged over $700 for our meal. Beyond belief - easily the worst restaurant experience I have ever had - particularly given that we ate at the amazing Gramercy Tavern that week and for about the same price and had the opposite experience - best meal of our lives. TOTALLY AWFUL EXPERIENCE DO NOT GO TO NOBU TRIBECA WHATEVER YOU DO.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Walked in and thought the decor was a bit dated and became nervous that this had become a tourist trap. Happy to report that I was wrong and our meal was DELICIOUS and the service was FANTASTIC. It was worth every single penny. Don't forget to make a reservation.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

So this review is from the perspective of someone who does not eat sushi. My food must be cooked. I was with a group of 9, 4 of whom felt the same way I do and 5 of whom are total sushi lovers. Our appetizer was fish tacos. They had crab and lobster in them. Totally edible, but just ok. Then we got the shrimp tempura. Fantastic! I could have eaten all of it myself! The menu said the sauce was spicy, but I didn't think so at all, and I'm a wimp about that. It was just flavorful and wonderful. Then we had the blackened cod. It was cooked enough that I ate it. I would have preferred it be cooked more (just me) but again, the flavor was wonderful. I ate a little and then went back to the shrimp tempura. I had a cosmopolitan with dinner. It was weak and too sweet. The half of the party who liked sushi had a large plate of it and really enjoyed it, so a good sign for you sushi lovers out there.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

A fun place for celebrating and spotting celebrities. The Bellini Martini was delish. Even if you don't like Sushi you can find something yummy on the menu. they bring the food to you as it is prepared so one person may be eating while the others are still waiting [that was odd] I had beef with mushrooms that came steaming in broth and a side of tempura zucchini, my daughter opted for chicken teriyaki and the rest of our family went crazy trying all the different raw seafood selections. Go someplace else for dessert.