“3 days later I can't get the meal out of my head”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #350 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Still going strong, was a fantastic meal. We all chose the tasting menu, FABULOUS. I can not get this meal out of my head, it was one of the best meal I have had in a year. Sushi was fresh, special and the flavor profiles out of this world. Our waiter's english wasn't the greatest (sometimes hard to understand his words during the description of each plate), but it didn't matter as the food was out of this world.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from diner at the 57th street location. For my husbsnd's birthday we order one $100.00 dollar and $120.00 tasting menu so that we could have more of a variety. We had a corner booth and despite the place being large, we found the seating very private and enjoyed attentive service from the staff. Each selection was mouthy watering. My first course included three types of oysters with three different toppings. Each one was spectacular.My husband had a beautiful prepared red fish. For his second course, he had a seared scallop, other courses included an excellently prepared lamb chop while I had thinly sliced pieces of meat on a variety of mushrooms, I had an edame based soup with clams and he had an unusual and equally tasty corn soup, each of us had 5 pieces of sushi that were each delicate and delicious.Each course was beautifully prepared and served. For desert, one plate had Happy Birthday with my husband's name written beautifully with chocolate. The desert plates both included an interesting sorbet , mine made from lyche as well as other sweets. This has been among the finest tasting menus we have enjoyed anywhere, with each course being equally beautifully prepared and delicious. I have always enjoyed Nobu downtown, but this diner was so special that I did not wait a day to give the restaurant my praise.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had dinner as family of 5 at Nobu on Hudson. Very dim lighting which probably contributed to the ambience for the mostly adult parties however it felt like we had been placed in a dark corner. Signature black cod was good and sushi was ok but have eaten better in far less fancy places. Left feeling poorer and disappointed at being shoved in a corner presumably because we had children with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nobu on Hudson proved to be a delightful experience, but the Nobu on 57th reminded us of eating in a mall food court. Huge, noisy expanse of diners with no particular charm to the place. While the food may have been as good as the Hudson Street Nobu, it was overwhelmed by the surroundings you find yourself in. Won't return.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We tried the chef tasting menu for lunch for $100 and it was overal well liked by everyone. The chef's selection included tuna tartare, tempura rock shrimp with yuzu, 5 pieces of nigiri, the popular bento box for dessert consisting of chocolate lava cake and green tea ice cream. Overall good quality of fish and good service. We all enjoyed the chef's tasting menu.