“High Expectations ....... Surpassed!”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #348 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I'm picky ....... I new the hype ....... I new there would be missteps ..... I was wrong, the whole experience ( Lunch on a Thursday) was wonderful, we had a reservation, were greeted & seated quickly. Our waitress was friendly, genuine, and knowledgeable. She guided us to the highlights of the menu, suggesting the 2 cold and 2 hot plates, each better than the last. At one point i wanted to pick up the plate and drink the sauce from the rim. We also ordered the House Sushi Roll, it was large and delicate at the same time. Lovely, lovely experience.

1  Thank WarrenVaughn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,363)

Reviewed July 31, 2012

May be a little pricy but the food is really good. However, if you don't want to spend so much money on sushi you may want to try Yama. It is also a nice place in NYC and less expensive.

1  Thank TGChester
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It's just okay, good food, a lot of people watching type thing going on. Nice to stop in if you're in the area but I wouldn't make it a destination.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I visited with my friends this restaurants and were surprised of the exquisite food we tasted! Desert was excellent! Is something very different and worth trying. However is a bit expensive with all dishes over $25.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

As a (Matshuhisha) Nobu fan eating in NY NOBU was a really nice experience, but I have to admit that I have been in better Nobu restaurants (e.g. London, Matsuhisha-Athens, Matsuhisha-Mykonos)