“A Must”

Piper's Kilt of Inwood Incorporated
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located in the Inwood section of northern Manhattan. The Kilt is well in to its 24th year serving the Inwood community. We offer our "Best Burger in Town" along with home-made soups, desserts and made to order lunch and dinner specials. Once inside take a seat in the dining room or at the bar depending on the night you might catch live entertainment, featuring local musicians, one of the best karaoke nights around or our packed trivia night. Most of our staff has been with us for years and will make you feel right at home. We offer a varied selection of wines, ice cold bottled beer, and the freshest draught beer in town. See you soon!
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Florida grandparents always stop for burgers at Pipers Kilt when visiting grandchildren. Why? Because they are the best.

There are newer reviews for Piper's Kilt of Inwood Incorporated

Reviewed October 2, 2013

A long time New York resident will tell you that the best Irish pubs are either in Woodside, Queens, or Midtown / Downtown East. And that is correct. Inwood, which used to be heavily Irish neighborhood just 50 years ago, got the Pipers Kilt to open a location in 1988. Since then, it has grown to be THE neighborhood hangout, challened only recently by quality newcomers like Inwood Local and District 12. Those two new places are good. But they don't have the best Manhattan burger north of midtown. That title belongs to The Kilt. All of their burgers are offered with 8 or 10 ounce, hand pressed patties.

Just so I'm clear, I consider myself to be a burger connoisseur. Since Grace in Tribeca closed in 2009, my favorite pub burgers in town have been Smithfield (West 28), The Liberty (West 35), The Spotted Pig (West 11), Corner Bistro (West 4), and The Penny Farthing (East 13). I rank Piper's Kilt up there with those, and so, that makes it the best Manhattan pub burger north of 35th Street.

1  Thank Clooney_99
Reviewed July 22, 2013

To celebrate my daughter's half birthday, I brought her and two of her friends to "The Kilt." Among us, we had two beef burgers, a turkey burger and a veggie burger. It's the opposite of fancy and perfect, as a result. The staff is sweet, attentive and friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Okay, okay, I confess I do not eat beef. However every person that has ordered a hamburger here has been thoroughly impressed. I myself am always pleasantly satisfied with their veggie burger. The fries and onion rings are great. I am a huge fan of the spicy sauce that comes with the rings. the wings are great too. They serve them with a good amount of sauce which always makes us happy. The bartenders and waitstaff know their regulars and do a great job of taking care of them. This is kind of our Sunday regular.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

While the menu is basically soup, burgers, some sandwiches, friends love the french onion soup here which is cheesy and gooey. Note well! The onion rings are the best! And come with a nice mustard-y sauce that makes them that much more flavorful. The atmosphere is easy. You can really just sit back and talk and relax.