“Food great, service bad”
Review of Blaggard's Pub

Blaggard's Pub
Ranked #4,609 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: At Blaggard's Irish Pub & Restaurant, we are committed to satisfying our customers with great food and excellent service. We offer a wide variety of drinks and delicious dishes for Lunch and Dinner. Our kitchen is open from 11am to 10pm. Bar is open from 11am to 4am.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food was really good and authentic for the most part. The service was absolutely horrible. We had a brunette waitress that was more interested in anything but serving us. Their was a blonde waitress who was more attentive to our needs. I would go here again for the food but if the service is bad if will be the last.

1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our small group showed up this past Saturday afternoon for a meal, was seated in the rear. The waitress never bothered to replace the blue paper placemats on the table from the previous party, and napkins and silverware had to be requested. Guess we should have been happy not having to use the napkins and silverware left over. The waitress was very "whatever" with her attitude. We should have assumed the same "whatever" attitude when the bill came with included 18% gratuity. Actually she was pathetic and had no business as a waitress whatsover, but did have the "look" for working in a place like that. Her dropping a tray of beverages only confirmed that. My meal to my surprise wasn't horrible, the blackened salmon was a nice size portion, with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Over all though the place is nothing special, but if anyone reading this has no server skills and is seeking work, and has the "look" this may be the place to hire you.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Local watering hole only! Food was average and the bartender was nice but the furniture/facilities have not been updated since the 1980s. Dont even go in the bathroom - disgusting.

1  Thank aca828
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We ordered drinks and they were a bit watery. I had a caesar salad with shrimp and I think the shrimp was microwaved-very rubbery. A salad with chicken was ordered and the chicken seemed old. I had a restaurant.com coupon but unfortunately it was for dinner, not lunch, so I could not use it. Service was excellent.

1  Thank maryj101
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The 6 of us ( family and friends)are frequent travelers and we normally choose pubs, good food, casual surroundings and reasonable prices. Blaggards was OK for all of this, but the service we had was some of the worst we have experienced. Our waitress was totally uninterested in what she was doing. Rarely if ever smiled, was borderline unfriendly and not courteous. We had to track her down to order a second beverage, and our food was served by another person. We never saw her again till she presented the bill, and that is where the real problem started. We were unaware that the business automatically charged 18% tip on parties 6 or more. When the bill arrived I noted the amount, checked to see if it appeared correct, provided my credit card. When she returned with the credit card bill for signing etc, I was entering a tip when I noticed that the visa total was $25 more than when it left, lucky for me I saw this because I had already written in a modest tip, reflecting her poor service. We tried to dispute the bill but no way would they change it--policy policy. so lesson learned.

Make no wonder she gave poor service, why should she care when 18% is guaranteed . I totally disagree with this policy and wonder if it is even " legal ". It certainly is unethical.

The food was good, service s----y, will we return, NO

1  Thank ametsound