Skyline Sightseeing - CLOSED
Review Highlights
See the City in all its glory

Reviewed July 27, 2015
Laura I
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
via mobile
Eric Holzendorf

Joyce2714
Fort Worth

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

We came to NYC for one night and wanted to see as much as possible in a short amount of time. There are several tour companies and all of their agents hustle and are helpful. We choose skyline because the rep was outside our hotel. The downtown tour was excellent. Tour guide was knowledgeable and helpful. We could've left the city after the tour and felt like we had seen plenty.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

Spent this last week in NYC with my daughter and granddaughter for my granddaughter's 16th birthday. We had purchased tickets for the Empire State Building Observatory (thru a very reputable tour company) and were walking along 34th St in front of the ESB when we were accosted by a Skyline street vendor. And I do mean accosted! When we told him we had already purchased tickets, he became VERY belligerent. Told us our tickets were no good, we couldn't even stop or window shop. Then got right in our faces and started calling us insulting names. Just imagine, this was for my granddaughter's 16th birthday. Imagine her being called a "whr**e" because we choose to ignore him. Also noted was the strong smell of alcohol on his breath. Also should be noted that this was after 11:00 at night. Good thing it was the last night of our trip, as my granddaughter was, to say the least, very upset.

This company should not be in business nor represent anything about NYC. DO NOT use this company ever if it offers its services for free.

6  Thank morarab
Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

Last minute decision to do this as the walk from 911 memorial back to Times Square after a long day would take a while.
Everything is seen.
You can hop on hop off so if there is somewhere you wanted to look more at along the way then you can. (I had to hop off to find a toilet, hahahaha).
Staff were really friendly when selling out on the streets.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

We were in NYC last year and got a 2 day pass from Skyline. The people were very friendly and helpful. Price was good too. Thanks Anthony Salcedo, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Reviewed June 5, 2015

We were in New York in a hotel near time square in August 2014, we bought Skyline bus tickets and we had a special offer it was for 3 days and it included a cruise which we enjoyed so much. Everything was fantastic, our tour guide Christian Bonilla in our first day was sooo helpful and nice, he really made us enjoy the trip, but in the second day we had another tour guide who wasnt nice nor helpful. My overall experience was excellent, and I recommend Skyline tour.

Reviewed June 1, 2015

It was a hot and humid day, but thanks to the air-conditioned and welcoming Skyline Sightseeing bus, New York was a blast. Our tour guide, Mr. Eric Holzendorf, was absolutely wonderful and very humorous. Very helpful and entertaining as well as familiar with the various streets and attractions New York has to offer. No New York trip is complete without a friendly Skyline bus tour!

Reviewed May 18, 2015

The street vendor aggressively harassed us insisting that we purchase vouchers and have our reservations out as he followed us for about a block. Several times I said that we were not interested. Finally I asked "Am I required to purchase a voucher in order to walk through the park?" This is where he got belligerent calling me insulting names. What was suppose to be a fun and exciting day for my family became terrible experience. Clearly this company should not be providing services to tourists.

3  Thank SLCtoNYCTourist
Reviewed May 17, 2015

Great tour guide very informative cheerful answered all questions make sure all was comfortable since it was a rainy day

Reviewed May 17, 2015

The bus tour was great! The staff and drivers were so helpful and made us feel right at home. It was my family's first trip to New York and we wanted to see all the big attractions and this tour covered them all, and then some! Going back soon and will definatly use them again!

1  Thank 868tammiej
Reviewed April 22, 2015

We were approached by street vendor selling tickets for the bus tours. we told him that we one had 1 1/2 days left in NYC and wanted the bus tour tickets only. He gave us the official price which was over $144 and then said for two of us for all bus tours he would do us a deal and only charge $100.

We paid and were looking forward to seeing and hearing New York from a different perspective.

What a mistake we made. The guide was clearly new and had no knowledge what so ever about the area. We could hear the driver telling him things downstairs only for him to run up stairs and try to regurgitate what he could remember. Also the headphone system wasn't working and each time it was brought to his attention he apologised and said he would fix it. It played music to us for the majority of the 35 min we stayed on board.

By the time we reached somewhere around West 65th street we gave up. " We were 2 of the only 4 people left on board as the other 10/12 people had already given up and got off " The guy apologised yet again and assured us another bus would only be 30 min or so behind this one and we could jump on that.

40-45 min later after sitting in a bus stop in the snow we gave up as not a single one of their tour buses came along.

We called their office asking about a refund only to be told they could email me a " refund request form " which i should fill in and send them back ASAP for them to look into our complaint and decide whether we were entitled to our money back.

We did as asked and now 4 weeks after sending that email and form we have heard nothing from them. They don't reply by email and I have yet to get an answer on the phone or a return correspondence when i have left a voice mail.

AVOID THIS COMPANY !!!!!

After a great week in New York this really put a downer on our holiday. I'm sure other companies are far better.

2  Thank davesemple