“Gem of a spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anassa Taverna

Anassa Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Anassa Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #995 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
“Gem of a spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Anassa Taverna multiple times now, and am gradually making my way through the menu. I love this place. The food is wonderful and the service is good. My favorites are the Greek salad- full of ripe tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and feta, spanikopita and the baklava. Dont skip the Greek coffee, but DO ask for a smaller amount of sugar in it.
This place is on my short list!!

Sydney, Australia
“A memorable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting New York on pure vacation. Trying a variety of restaurants, delis, pizzarias etc is one of our favourite pastimes. Anassa did nor disappoint. Not only was the service prompt, the food was delicious. For appetizers grilled sardines and Tuna tartare followed by a swordfish kebab and a filet of salmon with spinach rice. All of it cooked to perfection (or sliced and seasoned in the case of the tuna). It is busy, the tables are relatively close to each other and the funky beats are quite loud (I enjoyed the dj's choices), but I found all in all this just adds to the great atmosphere. Would certainly recommend.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent Greek Taverna opposite Bloomingdales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Came across Anassa Taverna whilst walking around from 1st Avenue across Upper East side to Bloomingdales one day. Booked for Sunday dinner, which was recommendable in the end as it was full when we showed up.
Great menu and wine list, lots of choice. Biggest portions we've seen in some time at an establishment of this standard. Great tasting food also, importantly. Extremely happy with this choice of venue, will go again next time in Manhattan. Great atmosphere and decor too.
Takis from Rhodes was our genial waiter. Anyone who is served by Takis will be well looked after for sure. Well done Takis and thanks for looking after us well!

• Visited December 2013
Mumbai
“Great appetizers, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to Annassa because it is located just opposite Bloomingdales and we were looking to grab a quick bite and take a break from they day's shopping routine. The location is just great if you are looking for an alternative to the standard fast food options.

We found the appetizers to be interesting as well as tasty. We were a group of vegetarians and although the choices were limited, what they had to offer was enough for our group of 4. Specially recommended are the Mediterrenean Spreads and Saganaki (salty but yum!).

The salads were pretty standard. We avoided the main course as we still had some shop trudging left to do and we did not want to end up feeling lazy.

Will go there again when I am next in Bloomingdales around lunch time!

• Visited October 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Very Good Casual Greek Close To Bloomingdales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went there for lunch because we were in neighborhood. Remembered when Yellowfingers, a well-known watering hole, used to occupy that spot. I had no particular expectations, but the food was excellent. I had delicious mushroom soup and Mediterrenean spreads. Service was great. I will definitely return when I am in the area.

• Visited November 2013